ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query with regards to COS end date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingofthenerds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Query with regards to COS end date

Post by kingofthenerds » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Dear Admin and members,
Hope you all are well.
I am currently on tier two visa valid till Sep 2021.

I have been offered a new job which is three years fixed term contract which I have accepted. The university while issuing the COS however entered the work end date in line with the current BRP ( which is equal to max 6 years allowed on tier two) but the job is for three years starting from Feb 2020 to Feb 2023.

When I queried with the university HR, they confirmed that it is line with my current BRP end date as this is maximum allowed on tier two visa which is 6 years. They however are aware that I will be applying for ILR in 2020 and are supporting the same.

I was wondering if this discrepancy between job advert/work contract ( as it states its for three years) and COS which has a end date after 20 months will cause issue with the tier two visa application? Should i ask them to change the COS to match the contract/job advert?

My second question is my job title is bio-informatician in the university does that mean it falls under SOC code 2425?

Any help in this regard is much appreciated. Hope you all have a lovely day ahead.

Thanks

srsw

Re: Query with regards to COS end date

Post by srsw » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:14 pm

I don't see any issues with the BRP & contract stuff. You can only have 6 yrs max on tier 2, which is what they are taking into consideration.

As long as they support your ILR application process next year and confirm you are needed for foreseeable future it should all be fine. UKVI won't see your contract so it's nothing to worry about.

The only thing is if university needs someone for more than 2 yrs, then they generally make it a permanent position. At least that's what happens in my university, i.e. no fixed term contract beyond 2 yrs...but it may be different for faculty/academic staff, so don't take my word for it.

Re soc code, your employer will decide it based on job responsibilities. It's difficult to say whether it falls in that soc code or not just based on designation or job title.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.