ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with < 1 year ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zman
Newly Registered

Naturalisation with < 1 year ILR

Post by zman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:14 pm

hi all,

Can one be eligible to apply for naturalisation 90 days before he/she reaches the 12 months ILR requirement?

According to HO's website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... trictions/

If you have not been free from time restrictions for 12 months, we will normally use our discretion to disregard this if:

the time restriction was in place for between 10 and 90 days at the beginning of the 12 month period and all other requirements including the residence requirement are met; and you can show you have established links to the United Kingdom though your home, family and larger part of your estate.

Thanks & regards

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:50 pm

With burting your bubble too much HO discretion is very rare, and it really has to be very well motivated.

Even though I spent 7 years in the UK as a child and now 5 years plus my mother is born British, discretion for Nat. will not be considered.

Please let me know how you intend motivating your Nat before completing your 1 year ILR?