ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost tier 2 job , what about an additional part time job?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiron1212
United Kingdom

Lost tier 2 job , what about an additional part time job?

Post by kiron1212 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:47 am

My Husband has lost Tier 2 job (he resigned) 6 months ago, he hasn't got a curtailment letter yet.
Recently he has been offered a weekend job 20 hours a week same profession. Is he allowed to take the job?

He has been offered by two employers with part time job.
1) The employer who had sponsored him in the past has offered a part-time weekend position (remote work). He will have the same profession, same role, just part-time instead of fulltime.

2) Another employer has also offered a job. This requires onsite work in the weekend. Part-time 20 hours, same profession.

He wants to work with the old employer who had sponsored him in the past and withdrew the sponsorship. Can he work with him? If not, can he work with the second employer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lost tier 2 job , what about an additional part time job?

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:55 am

Recently he has been offered a weekend job 20 hours a week same profession. Is he allowed to take the job?
No he is not allowed to work part time in any profession if he is no longer working full time for his tier 2 sponsor. The supplementary employment or secondary job only applies when the tier 2 visa holder is ALSO still working for their sponsor.
He has been offered by two employers with part time job.
1) The employer who had sponsored him in the past has offered a part-time weekend position (remote work). He will have the same profession, same role, just part-time instead of fulltime.

2) Another employer has also offered a job. This requires onsite work in the weekend. Part-time 20 hours, same profession.

He wants to work with the old employer who had sponsored him in the past and withdrew the sponsorship. Can he work with him? If not, can he work with the second employer?
No to all questions.

He has to work full time with a sponsor and then a second job for 20 hours per week. Has he done anything to try to find another sponsor to change his visa to a new tier 2???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 am

Thought you were applying for a spouse visa??? Suggest do that and get it sorted before he does any type of part time work on tier 2.

immigration-for-family-members/minimum- ... 23-20.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiron1212
United Kingdom

Post by kiron1212 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:07 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 am
Thought you were applying for a spouse visa??? Suggest do that and get it sorted before he does any type of part time work on tier 2.

immigration-for-family-members/minimum- ... 23-20.html
Thanks for answering. Yes spouse visa is the target. It appears that we are not meeting the min income threshold, so I wanted to check if my husband can take on the role. But as you have said, that is not possible either. So spouse visa application is pretty much dead right now. My last option is to try him with Eu settlement scheme as a dependent relative of my father (member of the household). I have settled status, but I am not an EU citizen. My father is. So he will have to rely on that route. I am not sure if that is even possible, but thats the last option.