ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long should the BRP card valid for?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WDT
Newly Registered
China

priority service 500

Post by WDT » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:58 am

hi, has anyone here tried the priority service which costs 500 pounds? I am in the process of making an application, but when I choose priority service, it provided a link for me to check if the service is available? The link goes to vfs.global, and UK is not listed as a location providing priority service.

Does anyone know if the priority service can be used at all? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: priority service 500

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:07 am

For ilr you only have the option of standard service or the £800 super priority service. There is no normal priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WDT
Newly Registered
China

Post by WDT » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 am

Thanks for the reply. I asked because I saw the uk gov website says so...

You must apply online. It costs £2,389 for each person applying. You’ll be told whether your application has been successful within 6 months.

You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example:

if your supporting documents need to be verified
if you need to attend an interview
because of your personal circumstances, for example if you have a criminal conviction
After you submit your application you’ll be asked to provide your fingerprints and a digital photo (called ‘biometric information’).

Decision within 5 working days
If you want to get a faster decision, you can pay an extra £500 for the priority service to get a decision within 5 working days.

Decision by the end of the next working day
If you pay an extra £800 to use the super priority service you can get a decision

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:02 pm

All services available to you are offered to you online as part of the application process. If only standard and super priority services are available, then these are the only options you got. As far as I know, a priority service for ILR is not offered by UKVCAS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

WDT
Newly Registered
China

Post by WDT » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Thank you, Zimba.

There are three service options in the online form: standard, priority, super priority.

Yesterday, I chose the priority service tentatively, but today when I log in again to check my application, and it says 'the service you chose is no longer available'. So confusing...

Maybe the priority service was provided - at least according to the gov.uk website, and then now they've decided to withdraw it :shock:

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Services are provided subject to availability by UKVI which regularly changes. If you snooze you lose as the demand is quite high
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

WDT
Newly Registered
China

Post by WDT » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Thank you! Just to let everyone know that I've applied with the priority route by paying 500 extra, and on the check list I got for my application, it says I have chosen the standard service, and will receive a result within 1 week of online application.

Let's see whether that's true. Will update if I hear anything.

tugrulguclu
Mood:
Turkey

Post by tugrulguclu » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:23 pm

WDT wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:53 pm
Thank you! Just to let everyone know that I've applied with the priority route by paying 500 extra, and on the check list I got for my application, it says I have chosen the standard service, and will receive a result within 1 week of online application.

Let's see whether that's true. Will update if I hear anything.
Thanks for keeping us up to date. Priority service was not shown on the existing services and it`s someting new which might explain why people are not aware of it.

WDT
Newly Registered
China

Post by WDT » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi, I attended my appointment today, and staff at the center confirmed that the service I bought was priority service. The result should be ready in 5 working days.

WDT
Newly Registered
China

Post by WDT » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:22 am

Update:
Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.

Thanks to helpful people in the forum.

WDT
Newly Registered
China

How long should the BRP card valid for?

Post by WDT » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:24 pm

I just received my brp card today, and it says it's valid till 2024.

Is it correct? I thought it should last at least ten years...

Can anyone let me know? Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long should the BRP card valid for?

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:27 pm

WDT wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:24 pm
I just received my brp card today, and it says it's valid till 2024.

Is is correct? I thought it should last at least for ten years...

Can anyone let me know? Thanks!
It's normal and has been asked 100s of times.

December 2024 is the date set by the EU for all biometric documents to be updated with enhanced security features.

You simply renew the card if you don't apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WDT
Newly Registered
China

Post by WDT » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Okay, thank you!

ukindian23
India

Post by ukindian23 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Hi WDT
Was there any difference in process between priority and super-priority. I have no urgency of 1 day but don't want to wait for months. So, thinking of priority service.

Also, when I was finishing the application, it says
Make sure you can use the priority service in the country you are applying from, and for the type of visa you are applying for. You must check the list of available locations and services offered.
Firstly, why is this coming up as I am in UK and it doesn't have UK in the list. Should I ignore this.

Next, it shows a tick box saying this
Confirm that you are aware priority service is only available for certain visa categories and is not available in all locations

and to tick box
I have read the guidance and checked the list of available locations and services offered for the visa category I have selected, and I have confirmed that my location of choice provides the service I require
Where are these and how is this different from super-priority service and should I select this or not.

Thanks