ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA wife left UK and does not want to divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

EEA wife left UK and does not want to divorce

Post by Amirkhan042 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:33 pm
Once your friend's wife was no longer resident in the UK, his right to remain in the UK ceased.
Hi Casa,
My wife has just got her settled status recently and she might leave uk as her mom is not feeling well...
her mom is going through a operation... she is eu but i am non eu married to her since 2015 and have 5 years brp as well as pre settled status... will that effect my status as non eu husband if she leaves uk as she have permanent resident now????
or in case she divorce me? will i need her ID after having permanent resident?
or also what if she just separate.. i am due to apply in September 2020 for settled status...
please help me if anyone else read this will be much appreciated!
thank you every one!!1

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA wife left UK and does not want to divorce

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 pm
Casa wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:33 pm
Once your friend's wife was no longer resident in the UK, his right to remain in the UK ceased.
Hi Casa,
My wife has just got her settled status recently and she might leave uk as her mom is not feeling well...
her mom is going through a operation... she is eu but i am non eu married to her since 2015 and have 5 years brp as well as pre settled status... will that effect my status as non eu husband if she leaves uk as she have permanent resident now????
or in case she divorce me? will i need her ID after having permanent resident?
or also what if she just separate.. i am due to apply in September 2020 for settled status...
please help me if anyone else read this will be much appreciated!
thank you every one!!1
Your post has been moved to your own topic from the other member's thread you had tagged your question onto, as this not only causes confusion but is also unfair to the original poster.

You won't qualify for Permanent Residence if your wife is no longer living in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.