ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work in the UK - Family visas of British Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Linchou

Right to work in the UK - Family visas of British Spouse

Post by Linchou » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:29 am

Hello,

I am a British National and my spouse is been granted Family visa. Is she allowed to work in the UK and does she need Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from employer to work?

Cheers
Lin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Right to work in the UK - Family visas of British Spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:57 am

Is she allowed to work in the UK and
Yes.
does she need Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from employer to work?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Linchou

Post by Linchou » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Thanks for sharing the information.

May I know if family visa as a spouse is also known by any specific name like Tier 1, Tier 4 dependent etc.?

We want to put the correct immigration status in her CV and mention that she can work without CoS.

Cheers
Lin

SammyAb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SammyAb » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Linchou wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:46 pm
Thanks for sharing the information.

May I know if family visa as a spouse is also known by any specific name like Tier 1, Tier 4 dependent etc.?

We want to put the correct immigration status in her CV and mention that she can work without CoS.

Cheers
Lin
If you check the visa sticker that she used to enter to Uk

It says D-PARTNER
I’m assuming D means dependent as they put the husband name next to it .
Sorry if my assumption is wrong 😊
And down it says ( work Permitted )

I don’t know if that is written in the BRP as well because I haven’t traveled and received mine yet

Good luck to ur wife in the job hunt 👍🏼

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Linchou wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:46 pm

We want to put the correct immigration status in her CV

Cheers
Lin
Just write "Partner/family member of British citizen". Almost all employers know that type of visa. For many jobs they don't accept CV rather their own designed application forms.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:51 pm

Just write: unrestricted right to work in UK. All agencies will later check brp as part of their standard work.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am

iwolga wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:51 pm
Just write: unrestricted right to work in UK.
That more resembles to ILR although spouse visa has no restriction. On CV always state the correct visa type as many employers for specific positions only need those already have settled status.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:48 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am
iwolga wrote:
That more resembles to ILR although spouse visa has no restriction. On CV always state the correct visa type.
I wasn't suggesting to lie or something. Most of the recruiters are not very much familiar with the immigration law. At the end they only want to know if the sponsorship required or the person already has the right to work.

My approach is: why shall I share more than required at that stage? They need to "buy" me as opposed to other candidates, so for me personally the choice is "don't complicate things" with going into types of visas. Of course, once I secure myself an interview, I'm bringing my (in dreams so far) BRC and passport.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:23 pm

iwolga wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:48 am
seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am
iwolga wrote:
That more resembles to ILR although spouse visa has no restriction. On CV always state the correct visa type.
I wasn't suggesting to lie or something. Most of the recruiters are not very much familiar with the immigration law. At the end they only want to know if the sponsorship required or the person already has the right to work.

My approach is: why shall I share more than required at that stage? They need to "buy" me as opposed to other candidates, so for me personally the choice is "don't complicate things" with going into types of visas. Of course, once I secure myself an interview, I'm bringing my (in dreams so far) BRC and passport.
Ok. But what's harm in mentioning simply the correct type of visa. Also as mentioned earlier that a lot of employers don't accept CV rather their own designed application forms containing a complete list of visa categories including Spouse visa (partner/spouse of British/settled person). As a test anyone can try to fill an online form for job then will see a pacific visa category called as "partner/spouse of British national". Employers are fully aware that category same like "Family member of EU national" under EU route as part of their routine practice of doing right of work checks & vetting etc.