ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application minor mistakes on application and queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jo122
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Naturalisation application minor mistakes on application and queries

Post by Jo122 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi,
I’d like to make this topic to both get help with my queries and help others who might be curious about little mistakes they’ve made, so basically,

*After submitting application and attending biometrics* I realised there were some mistakes I made on application which most likely won’t affect anything, but to put myself and others at peace of mind the questions were:

Q1:*Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?*

I’ve said yes and filled out the details for the first leave to remain and second leave to remain, however I haven’t filled out details for the ILR. Would this be an issue? (Bearing in mind I’ve already been asked at the top of the application if I’ve been granted ILR)

Q2: * Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?*

I’ve answered this as yes, saying I had done the English language test for DLR, when in fact I should have answered no as I’ve only just recently done the English language test, to be used for this application. Mistake on my part for not talking time to read the question fully before answering. Would this also cause any issues? (Bearing in mind I’ve sent off proof of my English language test certificate so there’s no deception as opposed to lying about doing it in the first place)

I also have some queries below:

Qeuery1: I printed off the referee decoration sheet and it was signed by my referees, however I must’ve misunderstood and stuck their passport photos on the declaration form instead of mine haha.

Would this be an issue for the application? (Bearing in mind when I went for the biometrics the lady scanned it for me without bringing up anything about issues with the pictures)

Query 2: I brought me referee declarations with me to the biometrics so they can scan it. I do believe the lady scanned it however I didn’t witness it myself, in a worst case scenario, what would happen if the caseworker didn’t receive the referee declarations? Is it possible to rescan these at home now after I’ve already attended the biometrics? Or would I be contacted by the caseworker to resupply new referee decelerations?

Thanks in advance for responses :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation application minor mistakes on application and queries

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:56 pm

There is obviously an issue with the Referee pages, you need to redo them and send to the HO with a cover letter, in which, you can also address your other ‘mistakes’.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jo122
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Jo122 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Amber wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:56 pm
There is obviously an issue with the Referee pages, you need to redo them and send to the HO with a cover letter, in which, you can also address your other ‘mistakes’.
See I first assumed this, however I also realised no error was made, signatures are still signed etc, however I’ll take this advice and give ukvi a call tomorrow and see what they say

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Have you read the Referee declaration? They are signing to say that the photograph above is a true likeness of the applicant. With their own photographs it renders the entire referee declaration invalid. You may get a HO caseworker who is half asleep and doesn’t realise. However, this could quite easily come back to haunt you in the future. If you do not rectify this, you risk a refusal and a ban for deception.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jo122
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Jo122 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Amber wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:52 pm
Have you read the Referee declaration? They are signing to say that the photograph above is a true likeness of the applicant. With their own photographs it renders the entire referee declaration invalid. You may get a HO caseworker who is half asleep and doesn’t realise. However, this could quite easily come back to haunt you in the future. If you do not rectify this, you risk a refusal and a ban for deception.
thanks for helping me rectify this while it’s still early :)