ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent help...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinodn
Newly Registered

Need urgent help...

Post by vinodn » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:36 pm

My friend is just arrived to UK on HSP and staying with us... She is looking for a job and a property to rent same time she want to open the bank account..
but bank need a passport with valid visa and a proof of addrerss (utility bill etc... in her name ) as she is staying with us... she doesnt have anything in her name... bank is not ready to open an account without thses documents... and recryutment companies need bank details , estate agent needs bank details...
please can anyone suggest me how to open the bank account without proof of residence...
thanks in advance

baskey

Re: Need urgent help...

Post by baskey » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:45 pm

vinodn wrote: please can anyone suggest me how to open the bank account without proof of residence...
thanks in advance
Really NO WAY to open bank account without residence proof. What i did was, i have just added my name in the BT telephone line of my friend and then they accepted it as proof. So just call BT , ask them to include her name also in the bill and ask them to send u a copy. They will normally send u a copy within a week time.

Regds,

Baskey

London1
Newly Registered

Post by London1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:58 pm

exactly,

thats what i did to open an account to my girlfriend. Phone BT and add your friends name, ask them to generate a new bill, (this costs £5). take the bill and the passport to the bank. Thats it

Good luck