ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for Mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

am2116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visitor visa for Mother

Post by am2116 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:57 am

Hi There,
I hope you are well all.
I want to apply visitor short term visa as i have PBS dependent visa will end Nov 2023.
I have just finished my PhD degree and i want to invite my mother on University convocation.
She is over 65 age but she applied in 2014 but got refused. I need help here she has lost her objection letter and passport but she got a new passport but objection letter we could not find.

Please advise me what i need to do?

Many Thanks
AM

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa for Mother

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:12 pm

am2116 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:57 am
Hi There,
I hope you are well all.
I want to apply visitor short term visa as i have PBS dependent visa will end Nov 2023.
I have just finished my PhD degree and i want to invite my mother on University convocation.
She is over 65 age but she applied in 2014 but got refused. I need help here she has lost her objection letter and passport but she got a new passport but objection letter we could not find.

Many Thanks
AM
Objection letter won't be needed but previous refusal will have to declare on the application form. Most refusal are on grounds where the applicant has no strong ties with his/own country, insufficient resources or heavy deposits in account just before applying with no paper trail etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sanjeev211161
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sanjeev211161 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:03 pm

I would like to share a success story for my widow mother of 81 years who got a 6 months visitor visa for UK from India.
The documents which were submitted were:
6 months bank statements
Pension Letter
House ownership and valuation document
Couple of evidences for fixed deposits of money
National Identity card ( PAN, Aadhar)
3 years evidence of paying Income Tax
Supporting letter from my end
Further it is also not necessary that the mother's bank account has to be in her sole name, it can be in joint names also.

am2116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by am2116 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:13 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:12 pm
am2116 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:57 am
Hi There,
I hope you are well all.

Many Thanks
AM
Objection letter won't be needed but previous refusal will have to declare on the application form. Most refusal are on grounds where the applicant has no strong ties with his/own country, insufficient resources or heavy deposits in account just before applying with no paper trail etc.
Dear,
Thank you very much for your kind reply.
She does not remember even the reason why she was refused. What do i need to do now?
any advice, please.
Many Thanks
AM

am2116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by am2116 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:09 am

sanjeev211161 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:03 pm
I would like to share a success story for my widow mother of 81 years who got a 6 months visitor visa for UK from India.
The documents which were submitted were:
6 months bank statements
Pension Letter
House ownership and valuation document
Couple of evidences for fixed deposits of money
National Identity card ( PAN, Aadhar)
3 years evidence of paying Income Tax
Supporting letter from my end
Further it is also not necessary that the mother's bank account has to be in her sole name, it can be in joint names also.
Hi Sanjeev,
Thank you for sharing all.
My mum does not pay any tax as she is taking pension monthly. As far as the concern about other things she has a bank account where has a fixed amount which she gets profit every month.
Please advice about tax how i need to cover this.

MANY thanks
Am