ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Business visa count for ILR 10 years residence?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajdekool
Newly Registered

Does Business visa count for ILR 10 years residence?

Post by rajdekool » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:21 pm

Hi,

Firstly, apologies for long text. also, I am sorry if I have missed out a thread which have answered this.

I have been silent follower of threads here for good few years. I found the information shared here are very useful.
I am posting this because I actually thought the business visa wouldn't count towards 10 years long residence ILR.

Last week, when I was going through the thread, I came across the following thread and it is welcoming news for me.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/does-visitor ... 94485.html

Prior to my Tier 2 ICT visa (start date was 29 Apr 2010, landed UK on 06 June 2010), I have been travelling to UK with business visa.

With business visa (start date Nov 2008, end date Nov 2010), there is no break in getting between business visa & the Tier 2 Entry Clearance visa. The last travel date for business visa was 2nd Feb 2010 and returned to India on 4th April 2010 to apply for Tier 2 ICT visa.

Over the last 10 years, the biggest gap was between 4th Apr 2010 and 6th June 2010. I have not been out of country for more than 2 weeks at a time (apart from the above one) and have been only out of country for about 150 days in total.

Based on the thread included, am I correct to assume that I am qualified for 10 years ILR long residence from 2nd Feb?

Any confirmation / clarification on this subject is very useful; as I am unable to extract the details on what visa can be considered for legal residence.

Many thanks in advance,
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does Business visa count for ILR 10 years residence?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:31 pm

All visas count for long residence ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajdekool
Newly Registered

Re: Does Business visa count for ILR 10 years residence?

Post by rajdekool » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:25 am

Thank very much for confirmation.