ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR not delivered

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bh04xx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR not delivered

Post by Bh04xx » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi,
I granted ILR after 4 months waiting,then the delivery company delivered it to my accommodation and some one unknow to me signed and got it.in summary, I contacted the home office and they askes me to report as stolen.also,they asked me to apply again from the begging. I am just wondering ,will I get the new one as a replacement card or with a new date on it?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR not delivered

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:12 pm

It needs to be reported lost/stolen to the police and the home office. Once you apply for a replacement BRP it will be sent and will be the same expiry date as the lost/stolen one but a valid from date now (day of printing).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Bh04xx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bh04xx » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Amber wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:12 pm
It needs to be reported lost/stolen to the police and the home office. Once you apply for a replacement BRP it will be sent and will be the same expiry date as the lost/stolen one but a valid from date now (day of printing).
Thanks Amber for the quick replay. I am just worried because in the Home office website it says it is going to take up to six month and if I pay £500 will get it in just one week.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 pm

do not report it as lost / stolen - If you report it as stolen / lost your are responsible something you never received, you never know it has been misused or what

report it as not received , its HO / courier responsibility to deliver to correct person

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:12 pm

You must report it to the police as it may be used fraudulently. You should also report it to the Home Office here - https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.