ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence card or settled status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaiser9
Newly Registered
Italy

Permanent residence card or settled status

Post by Kaiser9 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Hello everybody I hope someone can help me.

I am just about to apply for British citizenship and I have a doubt.

I have both permanent residence card (dated june 2017) and settled status (dated may 2019).

Can I apply now because it’s been 2 years and a half that I have had the PR card or do I need to wait 12 months after settled status?
Sorry if it is a silly question I had a look around the forum and could not find anything similar to my situation.

Thank you very much.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Re: Permanent residence card or settled status

Post by AnotherUUID » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:25 pm

You can apply straight away with your DCPR as it already certifies that you have "settled" status. The rules on DCPR will not change at least until 31 January so if you apply by then you should have no issues with your application.

Your eligibility to apply with DCPR will likely continue throughout the Brexit transition period, though as far as I'm aware there hasn't been an official statement on that from HO.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Permanent residence card or settled status

Post by obormot » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 pm

You can apply once 12 months passed after the "deemed" day of acquiring PR (i.e. not after the date on which PR was issued, but the date listed on the letter they sent). Settled status does not re-set the count.