ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Items of correspondence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

UK Spouse Visa - Items of correspondence

Post by ElyseRachael » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Good afternoon,

My husband and I are in the process of applying for my spouse visa and one of the items that I see that we have to have at least 6 Items of correspondence for the past 4 months that I've been here such as council tax bills and telephone bills and/or statements. However, we don't have any documents like that with my name on it as I just got here in August and we just got married end of December. Since this is something I must provide, how big is the chance that the application will be knocked back because of this? Does anyone have any ideas of how to get through this? We do have a letter from the landlord saying when I moved here and that I have permission from them to stay with my husband, but I don't know if that is worth anything since it is not technically "correspondence".
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Items of correspondence

Post by mss9025 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:17 pm

ElyseRachael wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:54 pm
Good afternoon,

My husband and I are in the process of applying for my spouse visa and one of the items that I see that we have to have at least 6 Items of correspondence for the past 4 months that I've been here such as council tax bills and telephone bills and/or statements. However, we don't have any documents like that with my name on it as I just got here in August and we just got married end of December. Since this is something I must provide, how big is the chance that the application will be knocked back because of this? Does anyone have any ideas of how to get through this? We do have a letter from the landlord saying when I moved here and that I have permission from them to stay with my husband, but I don't know if that is worth anything since it is not technically "correspondence".
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, as far as I know, these items only apply to those who have to show they have been living together for two years. If it's a fresh spouse visa application, you just need to show evidence of a subsisting relationship along with the accommodation, financial and English language requirements.

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ElyseRachael » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:27 pm

@mss9025 - Thank you for your response! The application I am filling out specifically says the following:
"Items of correspondence addressed to [names removed] at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years
You must provide at least 6 items of correspondence, addressed to you and your partner jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years."

The underlined part is what has me concerned, but also, I wonder if I'm maybe filling out the wrong online form? This is the one I'm using: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577975346

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:38 pm

ElyseRachael wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:27 pm
@mss9025 - Thank you for your response! The application I am filling out specifically says the following:
"Items of correspondence addressed to [names removed] at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years
You must provide at least 6 items of correspondence, addressed to you and your partner jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years."

The underlined part is what has me concerned, but also, I wonder if I'm maybe filling out the wrong online form? This is the one I'm using: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577975346
It does look like you are filling out the wrong form. If you are the sponsor and are in the UK, and your partner wishes to join you by applying from outside the UK, this is the form you should be filling:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1525043639

I believe the link you provided is for those where the sponsor and partner are both already living in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:19 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:38 pm
ElyseRachael wrote:

It does look like you are filling out the wrong form. If you are the sponsor and are in the UK, and your partner wishes to join you by applying from outside the UK, this is the form you should be filling:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1525043639

I believe the link you provided is for those where the sponsor and partner are both already living in the UK.
The op has already stated they are in the uk, likely switching from a fiance visa to FLR M
However, we don't have any documents like that with my name on it as I just got here in August and we just got married end of December.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:19 pm

ElyseRachael wrote:

If you are switching to a spouse visa from a fiance visa, you do NOT need 2 years evidence of cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ElyseRachael » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:41 pm

@CR001, Thank you so much! I am so relieved. The form I'm working on is the correct one as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:42 pm

Correct form yes.

Can you confirm you are currently on the £1523 6 month fiance visa and not in the UK as a visitor?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ElyseRachael » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:05 pm

@CR001, yes, I have a 6 month Fiancee visa in my passport. You and Casa actually helped my husband (BigglezUK) with some questions we had about the fiancee visa last January, and checked the list of documents we had put together for our second try (which was approved). :mrgreen:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:09 pm

All good to go then for the switch to spouse visa but make sure you submit and pay online before your fiance visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ElyseRachael » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:24 pm

@CR001, I plan to pay before my fiance visa expires, but does that mean I'm covered till they confirm I'm all set with the spouse visa? I've been reading that it takes 2 to 12 weeks to process, and I'd really rather not have to go back to the US and wait that out. I'm aware there's the priority service, but now I'm not sure if I need to get that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:25 pm

As long as you submit and pay online before visa expiry,you are fine to wait in the UK for the outcome. It is called Section 3C of the immigration rules protection.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tatdbomb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tatdbomb » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi ElyseRachael-Any update on your application? I arrived in the UK from the US on the 12th of Feb, my partner and I wed on the 25th of Feb and I am now getting ready to apply for my Spouse Visa and I've been stressing over the "items of correspondence" also. I paid the IHS fee of £1000, filled out the online applucation, and now I'm ready to pay the £1052 but want to have all my supporting docs ready. Can I ask what you submitted? It appears to be a lot less than the Fiance Visa required (I applied from the US).
What happened after you submitted? Do you have to go to an interview with your spouse? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Tatdbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm
Hi ElyseRachael-Any update on your application? I arrived in the UK from the US on the 12th of Feb, my partner and I wed on the 25th of Feb and I am now getting ready to apply for my Spouse Visa and I've been stressing over the "items of correspondence" also. I paid the IHS fee of £1000, filled out the online applucation, and now I'm ready to pay the £1052 but want to have all my supporting docs ready. Can I ask what you submitted? It appears to be a lot less than the Fiance Visa required (I applied from the US).
What happened after you submitted? Do you have to go to an interview with your spouse? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Cohabitation correspondence is NOT required for a spouse visa after a fiance visa and marriage.

There is no interview!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tatdbomb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tatdbomb » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:47 am

Thanks CR001-If I go ahead and submit/pay fee today, do you know how long we have to submit the supporting documentation? It appears to be way less documentation than what the Fiance visa required (thank goodness).
Can you confirm what we need to submit?
Once application is submitted, fee paid, and documentation sent what happens next? Is the renewal in 2.5 years easy as well? Then after 5 years I can apply for citizenship or do I have to apply for ILR first? It
Sorry for all the questions...just seems like you are quite knowledgeable and it is all so confusing.
Thanks so much!

ananas193
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by ananas193 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:37 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding items of correspondence:

My visa expires on 18 May 2020 and I'm going to extend it in the beginning of May.

From December 2017 till December 2019 me and my husband been living at one address, but from December 2019 we moved to a different place.

Do I need to provide 6 items of correspondence for each of the addresses (6 for Dec17-Dec19 and 6 for Dec19-till now) or 6 for the whole time?
For example, 6 for Dec17-Dec19 and 6 for Dec19-till now OR 4 items for Dec17-Dec19 and 2 items for Dec19-till now?

PS. I know it can be more than 6 if you don't have documents with both names.

Thank You!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:55 pm

This is not a general discussion topic for all to tag onto. Can members please start their own topics instead of tagging onto other members threads which is not only unfair, but creates confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)