ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family permit for my Brazilian husband

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lindamelie
Newly Registered
Italy

family permit for my Brazilian husband

Post by lindamelie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Hello
I have Italian citizenship and I have UK residency- Indefinite leave to remain.
I'd like my husband to join me in the Uk for a bit but then I'd like to go back to Italy to live there with him.
Is it possible for my husband to come to Italy with me or does he have to stay in the UK for a period of time?
Can he work anywhere in Europe or only in the UK?
The UK is still park of the EU until when?
Thank you so much for your help

seekingadvice87

Re: family permit for my Brazilian husband

Post by seekingadvice87 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 am

Hi
apply for eea family permit for husband. once husband in uk apply for residence card eea regulations or eu settlement scheme then husband can work in uk if granted.
it is possible for husband to travel with you to italy with uk residence card but swap the uk card for italy residence card under eu law like surinder singh since you are italian. husband can work in italy with italy residence card.
he can work anywhere in europe if he has residence for the country in europe.
uk is part of eu until 31 january 2020 but because of transition period law still applies if he was your family member before brexit happened but law will change after transition period

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: family permit for my Brazilian husband

Post by Richard W » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:27 am

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 am
apply for eea family permit for husband. once husband in uk apply for residence card eea regulations or eu settlement scheme then husband can work in uk if granted.
As he is Brazilian, he does not need a family permit if you have PR or are a 'qualified person', e.g. in work. However, he should bring evidence that he is your husband in a genuine marriage, and that you have EEA permanent residence or are a qualified person, e.g. in work. In principle you can bring the evidence to the airport if you are meeting him there.

If you merely hold a right of residence under the EU settlement scheme, he will need a family permit under the EU settlement scheme. This is not an 'EEA family permit'.