ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent letter for PBS Child Dependant visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghupv30
Newly Registered
India

Which visa for Child dependant of settled person

Post by raghupv30 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi,

I hold Indefinite Leave to Remain ILR (ILR) , based on 5 years term from Tier1 General visa.
My wife is currently on PBS dependant visa.

My daughter (1 year old) was born outside UK and looking to know the type of visa to apply from outside uk.

Please advise if I can apply as Family Visa for child dependant or should we apply as PBS child dependant visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which visa for Child dependant of settled person

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:19 pm

should we apply as PBS child dependant visa?
This one. She must apply for the same visa category your spouse holds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raghupv30
Newly Registered
India

Re: Which visa for Child dependant of settled person

Post by raghupv30 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Thanks CR001 for the response.

I have filled application form online for this PBS child dependant.

When I proceed to IHS website for paying health surcharge, it doesn't show me "Tier1 General Visa" option for my visa route in the field for "Person joining and remaining to live in UK". It only shows "Tier1 General Dependands only" option.

raghupv30
Newly Registered
India

"The person you are joining or accompanying" field while filling PBS Child depenmdand visa

Post by raghupv30 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 am

Hi,

I hold Indefinite Leave to Remain ILR (ILR) , based on 5 years term from Tier1 General visa.
My wife is currently on PBS dependant visa.

My daughter (1 year old) was born outside UK and is applying for PBS dependant Child visa from outside UK.

While filling the online form for PBS dependant Child visa we see the field "The person you are joining or accompanying". This gives option as "Tier1 General" in the list, but not "Tier1 General Dependant" in the online form.
After completing the online form and proceeding to IHS website to pay the health surcharge, the same field "The person you are joining or accompanying" has values "Tier1 General Dependant", but not "Tier1 General" value.

Please clarify who should be mentioned in the field "The person you are joining or accompanying" field, whether its me who has ILR, or if its my spouse who has PBS dependant partner visa?

Thanks in Advance.

raghupv30
Newly Registered
India

Consent letter for PBS Child Dependant visa

Post by raghupv30 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:48 am

Hi All,

I am applying PBS Child Dependant visa for my daughter (1 year old).
After completing the form online, the document checklist mentions about consent letter to be submitted.
I would like to check if anyone already a template of consent letter to use.
Thanks in Advance.

---------------------
Letter of consent from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
A letter of consent that confirms:
the relationship between you and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the application
consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the living arrangements in the United Kingdom and the address where you will be staying
whether one or both of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have responsibility for you
Both parents/legal guardians must sign the letter, except where only one parent/legal guardian has sole responsibility for you.