ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application for family

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miku
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

British citizenship application - help

Post by miku » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:03 pm

Hi,

I am currently applying for British citizenship (Non-EEA, 5 year Tier 2 visa, ILR received last January).

I am divorced, have one child over 18 (who will be applying at the same time) with my ex-husband and have unmarried partner.

I ticked unmarried partner in online application and there were no further questions about him.
However there is a question about my previous marriage which I filled in. Straight after there is a question: Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner?
What do I answer here? Yes? Or do they mean my previous partner since this question comes after my previous partner details?

Another question: In online application you can add applicants to the application and there is a choice of child over 18. I was planning to do so, but then remembered that everybody on forum talks about separate applications. Can I add him and fill in all the questions?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship application - help

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Yes, the child is from another partner, not your current.

Citizenship applications should be done separately, themselves.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

miku
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Re: British citizenship application - help

Post by miku » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:11 am

Thank you.

Sorry to ask again but in online application it says
"Once the questions for the main applicant have been completed, you will be able to add additional applicants to this application, such as a family member or dependant"

And if you choose to add additional applicant the options they give are: Partner over 18 years old, Child over 18 Years old, CHild under 18 years old, Brother over 18 years old, Sister over 18 years old

If we cannot use this functionality, why did they introduce it? Just wondering could it be a new feature?

My concern is if I don't add my son here we will need to have separate applications with separate usernames and separate timings.

Any views?

miku
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

British citizenship application for family

Post by miku » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:46 am

My son (18 years old) and I are in the process of applying for British citizenship by naturalisation - we received ILR a year ago .
I completed my application and then saw in online application the following sentence:
"Once the questions for the main applicant have been completed, you will be able to add additional applicants to this application, such as a family member or dependant"

Does it mean I can include my 18 year old son as an additional applicant in the application and he doesn’t need to file under separate user name?