ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Requirement Documents Set(M) ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

memcorp121
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Language Requirement Documents Set(M) ILR

Post by memcorp121 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:14 pm

My wife is applying for Set(M) ILR and I have completed most of the online application and got a list of required documents at the end, which I am busy collecting.

On the list of documents to submit it does not have anything about the the English Language requirements. She has certificate ESOL B1 and I will submit this, but curious that there is no specific mention of this being required.

If anyone can clarification would be great.

JV001
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Language Requirement Documents Set(M) ILR

Post by JV001 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:20 am

Hi, I’m just going through the same. Filled out my form and no mention of docs or anything. So I started to research more.

Is her pass still valid? Does she have a SELT URN number which you are able to fill in on the online application form? If so then you don’t need to submit supporting docs as HO will verily the pass using the URN number.

I did an all singing & dancing English test 5 years ago which I passed with distinction at the beginning of my Spouse Visa journey.(C2) It was only valid for two years though. When I applied for my 2.5 year FLR M I used it again as my language requirement as it was accepted with my previous application. (It had expired at that point)That was a paper application and I explained with cover letters etc and they granted my leave.

They seem to have tightened up on it though and I’m not going to risk it again. Im doing a Trinity GESE 5 B1 just to play it save. The cost of the test vs a refusal and losing the big fee made up my mind.

If her pass is still valid just double check that they will still recognise it.

Good luck with the application :)

memcorp121
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Language Requirement Documents Set(M) ILR

Post by memcorp121 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:36 pm

My wife did the B1 via Trinity for her FLR, its has been more then two years ago but as she used it For the FLR it is still valid.

What I leaned from other posts is that the online application doesn’t always ask for details of the Language test that was done, this seems like a glitch and so it best to scan and submit your certification as part of the application even if it’s not on the “Check List” at the end of the application.