ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Becoming and irish citizen by association: a peculiar case

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

figomenji
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Becoming and irish citizen by association: a peculiar case

Post by figomenji » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Greetings all,
My spouse and I are working non-EU with two kids who both born and living in Ireland. We had the first in 2016 but he did not qualify for an Irish passport because i had not lived and worked here for three years prior to his birth.

Now the second child Born in 2019 is an irish citizen.

So by Irish association, can we apply for naturalisation of the first child based on the fact that his sibling is a citizen? I came accross this judgement and will it help in this case: Check out this article: Teenage girl wins appeal over refusal of Irish citizenship - https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4049815

NB: I have lived here for almost 6 years and i want to apply for naturalisation too. I intend to submit both applications at thesame time.
There are no issues with my case, just my worried about the process for my child. You genuine advice is welcome.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Re: Becoming and irish citizen by association: a peculiar case

Post by Granista » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 pm

You misunderstand the article. Winning the case did not mean the Minister had to grant citisenship. It meant that the minister had to reconsider the decision, and probably refused it again.