ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haaris
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Indefinite Visa

Post by Haaris » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Hi dear Sir / Madam
i need some advise my name is Haaris and I got married in UK 4 years ago but now I'm having some serious issues in my married life so in other words our marriage is in the verge of breaking up I got nearly 8 to 10 months left for my Indefinite stay.i want to know what options are available for me.
Thank you in advance
Regards
Haaris

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Visa

Post by rssfed23 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:59 pm

Marriage counselling.
Therapy.
See if you can work through your problems and try your damned hardest to work on it as if your right to stay in the UK depends on it (because it just might).

If your right to remain is based on your relationship then you need to do everything in your power to ensure that relationship continues OR that if it does end that you do it in a "smart" way that avoids where possible impacts on your visa situation.

Unless someone has been a victim of domestic abuse or other exceptional circumstances, normally once notified the HO curtails a visa and gives you a date to leave the country by (or in some cases waits for your current one to expire if it's soon but makes it clear you can't renew).

What type of visa were you here on to begin with and since? There's not a lot of info in the post so it's hard to say what options are available to you. For relationship based visas not involving domestic abuse - such as If it's spouse/FLR(M) and you don't have any children - then your options are very limited.
If you stay on good terms with your wife if you do split up then she may be willing to not report the relationship as ended and assist you with the ILR application. It all depends on "how" the breakup goes and if you delay getting divorced or move out. Once you get divorced or she moves out and refuses to support your ILR then it's game over sadly.

But to be clear, the rules (and law) are quite clear that if the relationship ends and the visa is on the basis of a relationship then you have to notify the home office. In many cases this results in curtailing of the current visa and person asked to leave the country.

Haaris
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Haaris » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:28 pm

It was suppose to be a love marriage but with time eveything is changed.
I'm on suppose Visa and i got entry clearance from Pakistan.
I belong to a middle class family and dont have a car,house or bank balance.
I think she find some better option that's why she just want to finish everything off.
Thank you very much for the advise...
Regards
HAARIS

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Do you actually want to stay in the UK?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Haaris
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Haaris » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 am

I don't care about myself anymore I just think about my family.
If I can stay and can work then i can provide better living for my family back home.
But it all depends if I got any option.

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rssfed23 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:18 am

You have a family "back home"? - Are they not in the UK as well or is this family members from your home country?

Either way your choices are limited if you divorce/the relationship ends and you move out, as you won't be able to get ILR on the basis of your relationship anymore.

So that means some kind of work based visa such as a T2 or if you've got kids that are British and yours then there may be potential route for FLR FP (but that's a complicated process compared to FLR(M) and having a child alone doesn't guarantee a visa by a long stretch). If you want to stay in the UK you should start researching those two options there's a lot of info in the forums where you can search through

Haaris
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Haaris » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:36 am

Thank you very much...
Regards