ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent visa for wife (NHS surcharge )- Husband has ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baburao.rame

Tier 2 Dependent visa for wife (NHS surcharge )- Husband has ILR

Post by baburao.rame » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:20 am

Hi All,

My Husband got ILR this year and is valid till 2024. My Visa expires in April 2020 and i need to apply for my extension now for next 3 years to qualify for ILR. In the application it asks for -Person you are applying to remain in the UK with -where i enter my husband ILR details. After that it just calculates my visa application for 5 years by itself and aks for 400£x 5 year NHS surcharge.
I have seen the posts where it says we can ignore filling my husbands details but i dont see that option in the application.

It also calculates the visa fees as £ 947.20, with out giving any option of what kind of priority i want to choose for this visa ? do we have the option.

Can any one please help.

Thanks
-Pallavi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent visa for wife (NHS surcharge )- Husband has ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:28 am

After that it just calculates my visa application for 5 years by itself and aks for 400£x 5 year NHS surcharge.
I have seen the posts where it says we can ignore filling my husbands details but i dont see that option in the application.
You need to put his ILR expiry date as 3 years from date of application to get the correct IHS for you.
It also calculates the visa fees as £ 947.20, with out giving any option of what kind of priority i want to choose for this visa ? do we have the option.
If you are not getting the option of priority or super priority, then there is no availability at present.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baburao.rame

Post by baburao.rame » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:28 am
After that it just calculates my visa application for 5 years by itself and aks for 400£x 5 year NHS surcharge.
You need to put his ILR expiry date as 3 years from date of application to get the correct IHS for you.

Thanks for your quick and Timely response.
If you are not getting the option of priority or super priority, then there is no availability at present.
This option for priority appointment will come after i pay the nhs surcharge payment ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Possibly. I don't have experience or sight of the inline processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baburao.rame

Post by baburao.rame » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:08 pm
Possibly. I don't have experience or sight of the inline processes.
Ok Thank you for taking your time to respond. I have 3 applications open , which i may have to discard now and re do the application again to accomodate this 3 year change in the applications. I believe these open applications will be deleted after 10 weeks and i dont need to worry about it . Can you kindly confirm my understanding please ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:02 am

Your understanding is correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

baburao.rame

Post by baburao.rame » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:02 am
Your understanding is correct yes.
Need your kind help for 2 more queries as below plz.

My visa expiry is April 2020 . If I apply for Extension in Feb 2020 my new Visa will have start date from Feb 2020+ 3 years or April 2020+3 years ?

On NHS surchage. If I am applying on 10-FEB-2020, should i put visa expriry for my husband as 10-FEB-2023 to get correct fees of 1200£ ( 3 years ) ?

Kindly help .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:51 pm

My visa expiry is April 2020 . If I apply for Extension in Feb 2020 my new Visa will have start date from Feb 2020+ 3 years or April 2020+3 years ?
Your new visa will start from date of approval. It is not tagged onto the end of your current visa.
On NHS surchage. If I am applying on 10-FEB-2020, should i put visa expriry for my husband as 10-FEB-2023 to get correct fees of 1200£ ( 3 years ) ?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)