ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK job not highly skilled - Any problem?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

priya_bhosale

UK job not highly skilled - Any problem?

Post by priya_bhosale » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 am

Hello,

I am an extension applicant. I am reaching 75 points considering my earnings and everything else.

I am working in a call centre and part-time in a hotel and both these jobs have nothing to do with my previous education or experience. And in no way these jobs could be called highly skilled. Having said that, I am able to reach the earnings threshold considering my earnings from both the jobs.

Would this be a problem?

Thank you,
Priya

thaman

Re: UK job not highly skilled - Any problem?

Post by thaman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:14 pm

priya_bhosale wrote:Hello,

I am an extension applicant. I am reaching 75 points considering my earnings and everything else.

I am working in a call centre and part-time in a hotel and both these jobs have nothing to do with my previous education or experience. And in no way these jobs could be called highly skilled. Having said that, I am able to reach the earnings threshold considering my earnings from both the jobs.

Would this be a problem?

Thank you,
Priya
Hi Priya

Well if ur getting 75 points there is nothing to worry as long as u can prove it. HO does not define Highly Skilled jobs therefore they cannot reject any application on the basis of the work you do.

However since ur going for extension..I believe u got ur initial HSMP before Nov 6, 2006.....and in that caseyou do not need to claim any points....U can apply for your extension simply based on your economic activity for the last 1 year.

I hope you have info about HSMP JR!!!!

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Thank you thaman!

Mine is an extension application and my initial application was under the new rules in place after 6th november 2006 so i have to claim points...But thanks