ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Online Form - Employment History Confusion (SAR)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkle2020_
Newly Registered
Nigeria

New Online Form - Employment History Confusion (SAR)

Post by sparkle2020_ » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:37 pm

I am currently filling in my citizenship application form and just a little confused about a few things. Hopefully, someone might be able to kindly lend me some assistance. The citizenship form requires me to fill in my entire employment history since I have been in the UK which has been 8 years. The forms require job title, start and end date of employment, address of employment, etc. I recently requested a SAR which has a tax history of all my employments from HMRC because I can’t remember all some of the dates and lost some of my contracts of employment that specify start dates.

- The last two companies I worked for, Were acquired by other companies during my employment. I was transferred through TUPE. So the two scenarios are;
- I got Tier 2 visa with Company A. Company A creates new Company B and transfers me to Company B via TUPE
- I got Tier 2 visa for Company C. An existing Company D acquires Company C and employer moves me over to Company D

My confusion is how to represent the companies in the form…In my SAR from HMRC, they have represented these companies as four different companies. Meanwhile, I have just two Tier 2 visas for Company A and C. So far, I have filled the form as just two companies adding the old company name in brackets like so -> Company B( Formerly Company A) & Company D( Formerly Company C). This is how it is represented in my CV but I have been told to separate these companies into four different entries. What do you think?

- In the SAR, some of the start and end dates are different from what was given by the employer when I contacted them. It is a bit confusing. Do I just use the dates that the SAR has or the one given by the employer? I plan to use the SAR dates from the employments I don’t remember.

- I have also noticed that some of the employer’s address that I have is different from the one in the SAR. In the SAR, they have labelled it “Employer’s correspondence Address”. Again, I plan to use the last known address known to me when I was working there.

I am grateful for any advice and response that you help with.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: New Online Form - Employment History Confusion (SAR)

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:18 pm

To be honest, if I was in your position I would just give the employer names and dates YOU have, not what is recorded in HMRC, SAR, etc. If there is an issue with the data UKVI will ask. It's not something over which applicants are rejected, especially as being employed is not a requirement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:50 am

My guess is that the only purposes for employment information are:
- it shows physical presence/residence in UK
- good character issue - no employment in breach of immigration laws, taxes paid, etc
If there are no red flags, then I would think that just answering those questions to the best of your knowledge (and probably adding in cover letter that you do not remember something, if it is a rather large gap) should be enough

sparkle2020_
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sparkle2020_ » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Thank you All for taking the time to post a response. Your insights have been helpful and useful.