ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 (G) to ILR with dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vishm
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 (G) to ILR with dependents

Post by Vishm » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi all,

I have the following situation and would appreciate some insight into how best to approach the application process for me and my family. I have read some of the rules and some topics in this forum, but I am still confused and would appreciate some feedback.

I am on Tier 2 general visa since May 2015. Me and my dependents all are completing 5 years by May 2020. Our tier 2(G) visa expiring on May 2021.

I believe we all will qualify for ILR application in April 2020, I (main applicant) have been with the same employer, exempt from the salary threshold, no absences over 180 days for me and my dependents.

My query is - Is it possible for me (main applicant) to apply the ILR alone with premium service and later once I get my ILR, can I apply ILR for my dependents with normal service? considering their tier 2 dependent visa will expire on May 2021. or we should all need to apply ILR with the same service at the same time?

I appreciate your help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 (G) to ILR with dependents

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Is it possible for me (main applicant) to apply the ILR alone with premium service

Yes.
and later once I get my ILR, can I apply ILR for my dependents with normal service?
Yes.
or we should all need to apply ILR with the same service at the same time?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vishm
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier2 (G) to ILR with dependents

Post by Vishm » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:50 pm

Thanks, CR001 for your prompt reply