ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 sent off

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eclair
Newly Registered

EEA2 sent off

Post by Eclair » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Welp we finally sent off the EEA2 application. Due to the confusion with the two offices (Liverpool and Croydon) we decided to only send out EEA2. We sent notarized copies of the passports because we realized we would be unable to withdraw money from our bank, get jobs or even a new apartment without them. Hopefully they'll contact us about needing the passports. We were in contact with the Northern Ireland law center and they had advised us to send out the original passports straight away...but we would have been stranded then. Also, are they really going to be asking us for wedding photos? Is how we did everything alright? The only mention of a person not having a previous EEA Family Permit stamp is referenced under "port cases" where my partner's not having sent out EEA1 would hurt us there is no proof in my passport of when we first entered the UK as we simply drove from Ireland to Northern Ireland and there were no border patrol agents to stamp my passport..are we gonna be alright?

Documents included:
2 pictures of me
photocopied notarized copies of the passports
1 wage slip
1 letter from employer
civil partnership certificate

Eclair
Newly Registered

Post by Eclair » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:33 pm

And err...they don't lose documents right? I'm worried they may lose our civil partnership certificate or something...we didn't have a stapler or anything so...I don't want them thinking we didn't care about the application since we didn't have a stapler...and I figured that they wouldn't sell those little paper holders they had in America..nor had any idea where to get one here..

I really don't want to end up worrying this entire time...

Eclair
Newly Registered

Post by Eclair » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Anyone? > > How long is the CoA going to take I don't want to lose my job offer because they take forever...