ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KOLL ( Naric Not needed ) ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anujsharmame
Newly Registered

KOLL ( Naric Not needed ) ?

Post by anujsharmame » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:21 pm

HI TushitS

I am also in the same dilemma as you.
On the document page I am being asked for NARIC form.
If I dont tick the check box , i can go further with applicaiton

Can you advise what did you do ? ie ticked the check box and then put a cover note what did you put in it
Also I imagine you would have got your citizenship, can you please it will be helpful for lot of people if you can advise how you went about you application and if you how you dealt with it.

Many thanks
A

anujsharmame
Newly Registered

Re: KOLL ( Naric Not needed ) ?

Post by anujsharmame » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Can some one please help .
How to approach this ,
As if select the checkbox , home office will expect that agree to provide a NARIC certificate.
If I dont select the NARIC certificate I cannot complete the application.

Can you some one please ,how they managed to deal with Home office during the application

Also as per the guidance (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf)
Considering the statement
1) "(People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October
2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification.) "

2) "If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of
language by obtaining a B1 level qualification and life in the UK for settlement, by
applying on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again. "

Considering the above two statement I am not supposed to provide the NARIC certificate, it seems there is mistake in the application form for Citizenship ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:12 pm

First of all DO NOT tag your questions all over other posts !
You do not need to provide any evidence as you already were granted ILR after 2013. So you do not need to prove your knowledge of English. The form asks you if you satisfy the English criteria if you were ILR granted after 2013. Answer Yes to that. No questions on NARIC should be asked after that.
Also DO NOT choose that you have a degree thought in English
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anujsharmame
Newly Registered

Post by anujsharmame » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Many thank Zimba

As advised, I change the answer to degree taught in english to "NO" and followed the answer. And now I am not getting the check box for NARIC.

Under English section
------------------------
Do you have a degree that was taught in English? ------No

Have you passed an approved English language test? -----No

Are you claiming an exemption from the English language test due to a medical or mental condition? ---No

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Regards
Anuj