ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Constant Refusal of EEA Extended Family Permit - HELP Please?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

EEA Family Permit Refusal on Weak Points - Please advise?

Post by Northern_Lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:01 am

Good Morning,

I've been a long admirer and spectator of this board for some while now and hoped to post good news (had it arrived).

However, it seems the team dealing with EEA Family Permits have inconsistent approaches to processing each application and have left myself intensely disappointed.

Ok so here goes our journey;

(Sponsor - Myself)
1.I'm a Spanish National
2. Living/Working in UK since November 2018
3. Pre-Settled Status Granted in July 2019
4. I have supported (financially) my Brother and Sister-in-Law in Pakistan for the past 7 years
5. I have never claimed Public Funds in the UK nor Spain
6. Average Earnings in Spain was €1700 per month after deductions (I.e Net Income)
7. UK Earnings have gone from £1000 to £1420 (Net Income) after 6 month performance review resulting in an improved contract

My Brother and His Wife applied for an 'EEA Extended Family Permit' (first time) as follows;

Evidence/Documents Submitted:

1. DNA Report
2. Passport Copies for Everyone
3. National I.D Cards for Everyone
4. Birth Certificates for Everyone
5. Parents I.D Cards
6. Family Certificate
7. Sponsor Wage Slips x3 (JAN, FEB, MAR)
8. Letter from Employer stating Employment particulars confirming permanent Job
9. Pension Enrolment Confirmation Letter
10. Remittance Slips - 4 x UK (JAN, FEB, MAR 2019), 3 x Spain (2018), 3 x Spain (2017)
11. UK Bank Statement (Sponsor) - Showing Wages, Money Transfer etc
12. Pak Bank Statement (Applicant) - Showing Receipt of Money Transfer
13. Utility Bills (Sponsor) - Water, Electric & Gas
14. WhatsApp Records of correspondence (x6)
15. Pictures of us together over the years (x5)
16. Tenancy Agreement with explicit permission written in for Applicants to reside alongside myself
16. Statutory Declaration

Timeline:

19/03/19 - Online Application Submitted
29/03/2019 - Biometrics & Scanning done @ Gerry's Mirpur, Pakistan
01/05/19 - Called to chase status and was notified that it is a "Not Straight Forward Case"
01/06/19 - Called to Esacalate as no response revived
05/06/19 - MP wrote Letter requesting an update
20/06/19 - Home Office response to MP Letter with a generic 'Not Straight Forward' label notifying indefinite period to reach a decision
06/07/19 - Refusal Letters attached to email sent to Solictor

Refusal Points:

1. Not enough Money Transfer Slips
2. No Current Evidence of Applicants Circumstances i.e Income, Expenditure and "Financial Position"
3. Low Income - I.e £960 net per month is not sufficient to support Brother, Sister-in-Law aswell as myself

(Second Application)

All the same as the first Application time, with the addition of;

1. 4 x Wage Slips (APR, MAY, JUNE, JULY)
2. 35 x Money Transfer Receipts ranging from 2014-2019 with a total sum sent of £6900 - averaging 20,000pkr per month (some months records lost and not retrievable hence not a continuous trail of receipts)
3. 18 x Spanish Wage Slips showing I earned on average €1700 net per month - this was to demosntrate my level of employment and healthy income to maintain my Brother
3. (Sponsor) Employer Statement confirming amended/improved contract - NET Income Increased from £980 to £1426 per Month from July
4. (Applicant) - Land Registry Record confirming next to none Assets with only 30,000PKR (£160) annual income from it
5. (Applicant) - Official Notarized Income & Expenditure showing next to No Income (apart from my Money Transfers) and Expenditure
6. Five page detailed letter from myself stating how the last refusal points have been rebuked by evidence sent this time round and other important information

Timeline:
9/8/19 - Online Application Submitted
22/8/19 - Biometrics & Document Scanning @ VFS, Islamabad
23/8/19 - Email from "VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk" stating Application received UK DMC
4/9/19 - Email from VFS Global stating:
 Dear XXXX,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/4/2019 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
5/9/19 - Refusal Letters given at VFS, Islamabad

Refusal Points:

1. ECA officer states (summarised):
Sponsor Entered UK in November 2018, you have provided Money Transfer receipts from JAN to AUG 2019.
"I would expect to see further evidence that you have been dependent on your EEA Sponsor since their entry to the UK"
Prior to these receipts, there is only one Money Transfer Receipt from 2015.

(My response:
(a)I arrived in the UK on 26th November 2018 and had sent my Brother nearly three months worth of remittance in one go, before coming to the UK - but the ECA obviously hasn't had common sense to realise this and is knit picking as to why I did not present a DEC '18 receipt?!
(b). Also my Brother had all the previous Money Transfer Receipts I made to him from Spain, scanned at VFS, so how can the ECA say they only have one from 2015?! There were atleast x25 ranging from 2014 to 2018!

2. "I note that you have provided your EEA Sponsors Wage Slips 25 Janurary 2019 to 25 June 2019 showing that he earned on average £970.
I further note that you have provided a wage slip dated 25 July 2019 showing your EEA Sponsor earned £1424. To be able to maintain you whilst in the UK, I would expect to see further evidence such as Wage slips and Bank Statements, that confirms that your EEA Sponsor will continue to earn this higher wage in order to have sufficient funds to maintain you whilst in the UK.
On the balance of probabilities, taking into account your EEA Sponsors average earnings before July 2019, I am not confident that your EEA Sponsor consistently earns sufficient funds to support you whilst in the UK.
I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit Application...."

(My response:
(a). I not only provided the Wage Slip from July 2019 showing the increase in Wages & Hours but I also sent a letter from my Employer with my Employment particulars which highlighted my good performance, and due to this they decided to increase my Hours and Hourly rate of pay, also emphasising this was a Permanent Role.
(b). Then How is the ECA making any sense when asking to see "further evidence of Wage Slips & Bank Statements confirming I shall earn this higher wage" when I have sent them the latest editions of both AND the letter from my Employer??!!

I'm not usually one to get worked up over such things however I can sympathise with the first ECA as most are valid points, but when the second application is made with ALL the relevant evidence to satisfy the first set of objections, this ECA comes back with pathetic and illogical points of refusal.

I'm sorry for the long message however I hope to get some advice and I'm also hoping that other people in the same situation know that they are not alone.

Much appreciated

kamoe
European Union

Re: EEA Family Permit Refusal on Weak Points - Please advise?

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:16 am

Northern_Lights wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:01 am
I further note that you have provided a wage slip dated 25 July 2019 showing your EEA Sponsor earned £1424. To be able to maintain you whilst in the UK, I would expect to see further evidence such as Wage slips and Bank Statements, that confirms that your EEA Sponsor will continue to earn this higher wage in order to have sufficient funds to maintain you whilst in the UK.
The one thing that I believe would work here is if you wait a few more months and prove that you have actually earned this money, and that you have consistently sent money to them (proof of past actions is better than the promise of future actions). Try to do this monthly rather than several-month worth of lump sums, as even if you can genuinely support your brother with lump sums, this is susceptible to be interpreted as an attempt to rush and "make it look" like it. Just cover your back there and don't leave any room for interpretation. Not sure what else to say.

Good luck.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 am

The Extended Family permit for extended family is usually difficult and your proofs have to be rock solid if you want to stand a chance of success.

A letter from the employer stating that the salary is not a strong evidence. They need to see payslips and corresponding bank statements showing that you are actually getting that money. At that point, you can still add a letter from HR but the letter is a bonus. The core of the proof are the payslips because they can be checked against HRMC records.

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Post by Northern_Lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:43 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:16 am
Northern_Lights wrote:
The one thing that I believe would work here is if you wait a few more months and prove that you have actually earned this money, and that you have consistently sent money to them (proof of past actions is better than the promise of future actions). Try to do this monthly rather than several-month worth of lump sums, as even if you can genuinely support your brother with lump sums, this is susceptible to be interpreted as an attempt to rush and "make it look" like it. Just cover your back there and don't leave any room for interpretation. Not sure what else to say.

Good luck.
Many thanks Kamoe for your response, I have always sent my Brother a Monthly remmittance (since JAN '19 whilst in the UK) however prior to that whilst in Spain, I would send say €600 which would cover his expenses for x3 Months hence why the slips from 2014 - 2018 isn't a continuous monthly trail.

However, presenting upto x35 remittances totalling nearly £7000 from 2014 should be enough proof shouldn't it?

I've read through the guidance notes the Home Office have released for ECA officers considering applications and it doesn't specifically mention it has to be a monthly trail.

I understand if someone was to send a one off payment each year which would not suffice however the odd month missing here and there from evidence presented spanning 5 years shouldn't warrant a refusal?

I know people who have sent just x4 Money Transfer Slips and have it approved.

I understand some people have jamp on the bandwagon when this rule came out and engineered their circumstances to make out their relatives are dependants but when a genuine case like mine is submitted and rejected, it is highly frustrating.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Why does he have to live in the UK? Isn't it cheaper to send money to Pakistan?

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Post by Northern_Lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 pm

NatCam wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:32 pm
Why does he have to live in the UK? Isn't it cheaper to send money to Pakistan?
That's a loaded question which is being asked on a platform dedicated to Immigration?!

I won't live forever, and then what will he do? I can't afford to give him £20,000 to start a business unless you have a better idea?

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Post by Northern_Lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 am
The Extended Family permit for extended family is usually difficult and your proofs have to be rock solid if you want to stand a chance of success.

A letter from the employer stating that the salary is not a strong evidence. They need to see payslips and corresponding bank statements showing that you are actually getting that money. At that point, you can still add a letter from HR but the letter is a bonus. The core of the proof are the payslips because they can be checked against HRMC records.
Thanks Zerubbabel for the great advice.

My Salary is Transferred through the Bank into my Account from my Employer.

I sent my Bank Statements, P60, Payslips AND the Letter from my Employer.

I've now asked my Employer how HMRC verifies my Income and they said it was primarily done through PAYE Payments each Tax quarter and Payroll information.

As the next PAYE quarter due for my Employer is on 5th October, I guess it's best to apply after this so that the ECO will be able to verify my increased Pay against those records.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:19 am

If the UK leave the EU on 31st Oct you will not be able to use this ROUTE anymore.

Under EU settlement Scheme you can't sponsor EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Post by Northern_Lights » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:04 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:19 am
If the UK leave the EU on 31st Oct you will not be able to use this ROUTE anymore.

Under EU settlement Scheme you can't sponsor EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER
Will this only apply to 'Extended' EEA Family Permits?

I doubt there will be a Brexit this year the way things are going in Westminster atm?!

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:45 am

Right from the very first day I knew it wont happen and it will never happen.

Like our respected senior member MR OBIE stated in his signature.

"BREXIT IS A CANCER" It is indeed a cancer.

To understand the EU and BREXIT. Firstly those people who doesn't have a clue or doesn't know the history how Britain got EU membership check the history.

Now the question:
I have a spanish friend who sponsored his nephew and rejected 4 times and in the 5th attempt he got Family permit but he has been sending money to him since 2008.

Dont loose hope at all. Doesnt matter what people say just add every time more payslips more receipt of sending money and keep on applying.

The good thing about this application is that its FREE. So no harm in applying but dont loose hope.

Good luck
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:36 pm

Northern_Lights wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:43 pm
However, presenting upto x35 remittances totalling nearly £7000 from 2014 should be enough proof shouldn't it?
Not according to what they say.

Pay attention: The issue is NOT how many remittances you have sent, the issue is that, according to them, until recently you did not earn enough money to credibly be able to support three adult people in the UK. They are asking you to prove that you will have £1424 a month, and since they don't seem satisfied by documentation indicating this will be the case, my suggestion is to wait and prove past behavior instead of promising future behavior.

I understand how this is frustrating, but also think that it all has to make sense for the caseworker. The UK has a much more expensive cost of living than Pakistan, and the fact that you have supported your brother and his wife in Pakistan in the past is no proof that you will also be able to support them in the UK. NatCam question re. why don't they stay in Pakistan as that is cheaper for you, is very valid, and you should not take it as an offense since it is precisely what the caseworker is asking themselves, and the very argument against your case.

Also, keep in mind that in order for them to remain legal in the UK they need to remain dependent on you, which will drag your finances considerably. Hence why proving your higher salary is so important. Previous remittances while you earned under £1000 a month do not seem to really support your case. It's all about money. It's sad, but this is the way the UK works.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:59 pm

This is:

- £1400 / year

or

- £116 / month

or

- £200 / remitance

I can only praise you for trying to help your family. I also try to send money to my brother as much as I can even if he has a job but in some countries it's difficult to make the ends meet. He has a high salary for the country, but it's enough that his car breaks down or he has a medical bill to pay and he can't do without my assistance. We are millions like that.

I feel like the Home Office are doing you a favor by not allowing you to bring your family members as dependents in the UK. I don't know if you have any other dependents like a wife / kids but I can't see how you can sustain just yourself on a £1424 / month. We are talking about a salary just under £20K a year. This is well bellow the national average. It means a single person would struggle on that salary. If you add 2 adults dependents with all their needs, I don't know you are going to survive all of you.

You would have to put all your projects / dreams aside and find an additional job during the night and another one over the weekend to provide for this couple and any further kids they might want to have.

Even if I would happily give a kidney to my brother, I don't see myself becoming his and his wife's servant for half a decade.

I hope you get what you are looking for but I am not sure you will be a happy man...

All the best!

it91
United Kingdom

Post by it91 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Northern_Lights wrote:
Good Morning,

I've been a long admirer and spectator of this board for some while now and hoped to post good news (had it arrived).

However, it seems the team dealing with EEA Family Permits have inconsistent approaches to processing each application and have left myself intensely disappointed.

Ok so here goes our journey;

(Sponsor - Myself)
1.I'm a Spanish National
2. Living/Working in UK since November 2018
3. Pre-Settled Status Granted in July 2019
4. I have supported (financially) my Brother and Sister-in-Law in Pakistan for the past 7 years
5. I have never claimed Public Funds in the UK nor Spain
6. Average Earnings in Spain was €1700 per month after deductions (I.e Net Income)
7. UK Earnings have gone from £1000 to £1420 (Net Income) after 6 month performance review resulting in an improved contract

My Brother and His Wife applied for an 'EEA Extended Family Permit' (first time) as follows;

1. DNA Report
2. Passport Copies for Everyone
3. National I.D Cards for Everyone
4. Birth Certificates for Everyone
5. Parents I.D Cards
6. Family Certificate
7. Sponsor Wage Slips x3 (JAN, FEB, MAR)
8. Letter from Employer stating Employment particulars confirming permanent Job
9. Pension Enrolment Confirmation Letter
10. Remittance Slips - 4 x UK (JAN, FEB, MAR 2019), 3 x Spain (2018), 3 x Spain (2017)
11. UK Bank Statement (Sponsor) - Showing Wages, Money Transfer etc
12. Pak Bank Statement (Applicant) - Showing Receipt of Money Transfer
13. Utility Bills (Sponsor) - Water, Electric & Gas
14. WhatsApp Records of correspondence (x6)
15. Pictures of us together over the years (x5)
16. Tenancy Agreement with explicit permission written in for Applicants to reside alongside myself
16. Statutory Declaration

Timeline:

19/03/19 - Online Application Submitted
29/03/2019 - Biometrics & Scanning done @ Gerry's Mirpur, Pakistan
01/05/19 - Called to chase status and was notified that it is a "Not Straight Forward Case"
01/06/19 - Called to Esacalate as no response revived
05/06/19 - MP wrote Letter requesting an update
20/06/19 - Home Office response to MP Letter with a generic 'Not Straight Forward' label notifying indefinite period to reach a decision
06/07/19 - Refusal Letters attached to email sent to Solictor

Refusal Points:

1. Not enough Money Transfer Slips
2. No Current Evidence of Applicants Circumstances i.e Income, Expenditure and "Financial Position"
3. Low Income - I.e £960 net per month is not sufficient to support Brother, Sister-in-Law aswell as myself

(Second Application)

All the same as the first Application time, with the addition of;

1. 4 x Wage Slips (APR, MAY, JUNE, JULY)
2. 35 x Money Transfer Receipts ranging from 2014-2019 with a total sum sent of £6900 - averaging 20,000pkr per month (some months records lost and not retrievable hence not a continuous trail of receipts)
3. 18 x Spanish Wage Slips showing I earned on average €1700 net per month - this was to demosntrate my level of employment and healthy income to maintain my Brother
3. (Sponsor) Employer Statement confirming amended/improved contract - NET Income Increased from £980 to £1426 per Month from July
4. (Applicant) - Land Registry Record confirming next to none Assets with only 30,000PKR (£160) annual income from it
5. (Applicant) - Official Notarized Income & Expenditure showing next to No Income (apart from my Money Transfers) and Expenditure
6. Five page detailed letter from myself stating how the last refusal points have been rebuked by evidence sent this time round and other important information

Timeline:
9/8/19 - Online Application Submitted
22/8/19 - Biometrics & Document Scanning @ VFS, Islamabad
23/8/19 - Email from "VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk" stating Application received UK DMC
4/9/19 - Email from VFS Global stating:
 Dear XXXX,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  GWFxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/4/2019 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
5/9/19 - Refusal Letters given at VFS, Islamabad

Refusal Points:

1. ECA officer states (summarised):
Sponsor Entered UK in November 2018, you have provided Money Transfer receipts from JAN to AUG 2019.
"I would expect to see further evidence that you have been dependent on your EEA Sponsor since their entry to the UK"
Prior to these receipts, there is only one Money Transfer Receipt from 2015.

(My response:
(a)I arrived in the UK on 26th November 2018 and had sent my Brother nearly three months worth of remittance in one go, before coming to the UK - but the ECA obviously hasn't had common sense to realise this and is knit picking as to why I did not present a DEC '18 receipt?!
(b). Also my Brother had all the previous Money Transfer Receipts I made to him from Spain, scanned at VFS, so how can the ECA say they only have one from 2015?! There were atleast x25 ranging from 2014 to 2018!

2. "I note that you have provided your EEA Sponsors Wage Slips 25 Janurary 2019 to 25 June 2019 showing that he earned on average £970.
On the balance of probabilities, taking into account your EEA Sponsors average earnings before July 2019, I am not confident that your EEA Sponsor consistently earns sufficient funds to support you whilst in the UK.
I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit Application...."

(My response:
(a). I not only provided the Wage Slip from July 2019 showing the increase in Wages & Hours but I also sent a letter from my Employer with my Employment particulars which highlighted my good performance, and due to this they decided to increase my Hours and Hourly rate of pay, also emphasising this was a Permanent Role.
(b). Then How is the ECA making any sense when asking to see "further evidence of Wage Slips & Bank Statements confirming I shall earn this higher wage" when I have sent them the latest editions of both AND the letter from my Employer??!!

I'm not usually one to get worked up over such things however I can sympathise with the first ECA as most are valid points, but when the second application is made with ALL the relevant evidence to satisfy the first set of objections, this ECA comes back with pathetic and illogical points of refusal.

I'm sorry for the long message however I hope to get some advice and I'm also hoping that other people in the same situation know that they are not alone.

Much appreciated
Sorry to hear that you’re struggling. However Home Office seems to have point of not granting it two adults with this amount of salary. I’m afraid this amount is not enough for even a single person to live in the UK, let alone bringing two more adults. HO isn’t stupid and they see that it’s impossible to survive like that.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Post by Northern_Lights » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:00 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:36 pm
Northern_Lights wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:43 pm
Not according to what they say.

Pay attention: The issue is NOT how many remittances you have sent, the issue is that, according to them, until recently you did not earn enough money to credibly be able to support three adult people in the UK. They are asking you to prove that you will have £1424 a month, and since they don't seem satisfied by documentation indicating this will be the case, my suggestion is to wait and prove past behavior instead of promising future behavior.

I understand how this is frustrating, but also think that it all has to make sense for the caseworker. The UK has a much more expensive cost of living than Pakistan, and the fact that you have supported your brother and his wife in Pakistan in the past is no proof that you will also be able to support them in the UK. NatCam question re. why don't they stay in Pakistan as that is cheaper for you, is very valid, and you should not take it as an offense since it is precisely what the caseworker is asking themselves, and the very argument against your case.

Also, keep in mind that in order for them to remain legal in the UK they need to remain dependent on you, which will drag your finances considerably. Hence why proving your higher salary is so important. Previous remittances while you earned under £1000 a month do not seem to really support your case. It's all about money. It's sad, but this is the way the UK works.
Again Kamoe, many thanks for the great advice.

Yes, you do have a point and the fact that my wages have just increased and sending only one months evidence of this, I guess is not enough.

I have had a larger average monthly salary based on my job experience in Spain (I also sent 2 years worth of Spanish Pay Slips to demonstrate this) however once you move to a new country, for some, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up (which I am doing).

We will apply again in October as I will have evidence of 3 x Wage Slips with my Higher Salary. I would leave it longer but I'm concerned that Boris Johnson may push through a No Deal Brexit on 31st October 2019, and from what others are advising on here, this route (Extended Family Permits) will end.

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Post by Northern_Lights » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:45 am
Right from the very first day I knew it wont happen and it will never happen.

Like our respected senior member MR OBIE stated in his signature.

"BREXIT IS A CANCER" It is indeed a cancer.

To understand the EU and BREXIT. Firstly those people who doesn't have a clue or doesn't know the history how Britain got EU membership check the history.

Now the question:
I have a spanish friend who sponsored his nephew and rejected 4 times and in the 5th attempt he got Family permit but he has been sending money to him since 2008.

Dont loose hope at all. Doesnt matter what people say just add every time more payslips more receipt of sending money and keep on applying.

The good thing about this application is that its FREE. So no harm in applying but dont loose hope.

Good luck
Thanks Hrak1978,

Certainly gives me hope!

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Post by Northern_Lights » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:59 pm
This is:

- £1400 / year

or

- £116 / month

or

- £200 / remitance

I can only praise you for trying to help your family. I also try to send money to my brother as much as I can even if he has a job but in some countries it's difficult to make the ends meet. He has a high salary for the country, but it's enough that his car breaks down or he has a medical bill to pay and he can't do without my assistance. We are millions like that.

I feel like the Home Office are doing you a favor by not allowing you to bring your family members as dependents in the UK. I don't know if you have any other dependents like a wife / kids but I can't see how you can sustain just yourself on a £1424 / month. We are talking about a salary just under £20K a year. This is well bellow the national average. It means a single person would struggle on that salary. If you add 2 adults dependents with all their needs, I don't know you are going to survive all of you.

You would have to put all your projects / dreams aside and find an additional job during the night and another one over the weekend to provide for this couple and any further kids they might want to have.

Even if I would happily give a kidney to my brother, I don't see myself becoming his and his wife's servant for half a decade.

I hope you get what you are looking for but I am not sure you will be a happy man...

All the best!
Thanks again for your insight Zerubbabel,

Am I missing something here, although I understand that I am ultimately responsible for their upkeep should they be granted entry into the United Kingdom, are they not able to work?

I don't think there is a restriction on them working as far as I know?

Alot of the respected members are making good points as to my affordability should they granted a permit, however if they are working and at times struggle to meet their needs then ofcourse I'll need to top-up but eventually I'm hoping a few years down the line they'll be self sufficient.

Or am I missing something?

Northern_Lights
Mood:
Iceland

Constant Refusal of EEA Extended Family Permit - HELP Please?

Post by Northern_Lights » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:18 am

Hello People,

My Brother has been dependent on myself since 2009.

I have sent him Money via remittance nearly every month since then, however from 2017 onwards I used to send him three months of money all at once (so that it saves both of us having to send and collect money each month).

As you can imagine, I didn't know that he would eventually be applying for an EEA Family Permit as my Extended Family Member in 2019, because of this I didn't really take care in keeping ALL Money Transfer Receipts over the past 10 years or so.

Since JANUARY 2019 (when I migrated to the UK from Spain) I have sent him Money each month. I have x13 receipts for this period. (Altogether we presented x50 receipts over a seven year period).

The issue is that he has applied x3 times and each time has been refused because there are some months where no receipts have been presented on a continuous basis (I.e 4 x 2017 & 4 x 2018) and apparently the 'balance of probabilities' is that my Brother isn't dependent upon myself!

So the ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) has overlooked the amounts sent on each receipt and put all their emphasis for refusal on the frequency of the money sent (I.e not sent monthly).

My question is, do we have a case to present for Appeal in the First Tier Tribunal as it seems that each ECO is adamant on refusing the case each time?

Nowhere in the guidance notes (for Home Office Staff) does it even mention that there must be MONTHLY transfers?