ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa out of UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kani_11

Spouse visa out of UK

Post by kani_11 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi all
I am british citizen & getting married in Feb in India. My fiancée holds Indian citizenship but works in US

1.Can he apply UK spouse visa from USA?

2.Should he handover his passport for the entire duration of the application process(12 weeks)?

Thanks
Kani

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa out of UK

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 pm

kani_11 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm
Hi all
I am british citizen & getting married in Feb in India. My fiancée holds Indian citizenship but works in US

2.Should he handover his passport for the entire duration of the application process(12 weeks)?

Thanks
Kani
Yes he can apply from US provided living on valid visa there. Maybe he is allowed to keep his passport for some fee, ask the vfs for that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kani_11

Post by kani_11 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Thanks for the reply
Yes he has valid work visa in USA. Will check VFS for passport,

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 pm

kani_11 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm
Hi all

Thanks
Kani
1. Yes he can but must submit his visa to show proof of residence in USA. It is important as I have come across a refusal where people applied from another country and didn’t submit evidence of their immigration status in that country.

2. Yes he can or he can opt for keep my passport option.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.