ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying with dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

varghesejim
India

Applying with dependant

Post by varghesejim » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:20 am

Hi All,

I am applying for Tier1 from India and have some queries

1) Is it anyway benefitial/problematic applying the dependant visa together with my applicaton?I would like to apply for me and my wife and I would like to apply together to avoid a headache( of applying for dependant after my application goes through) later.

2)My qualifcation is MCA(Master of Computer Applications) from madras university.In the BIA tool I can select Masters,but in the subjects part there is no explicit "computer applications" option though there is IT/computer science.Can this combination of (Masters + IT/comp science) is good for MCA?

Thanks in advance.Congrats you people for keeping such a wonderful forum

Regards,
Jimmy

shashi545
Newly Registered

its fine

Post by shashi545 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi Jimmy

Actually BIA website recommends applying for dependents together. However you need to be sure that your visa will be successful, or else u will be wasting 51K extra for ur dependant.

for the 2nd Q, I firmly believe u can select IT/Comp. sc.

All the best

Regards
Shashi

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks Shashi!