ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status: initially held Tier 5/FLR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daseca
Newly Registered

Settled status: initially held Tier 5/FLR

Post by Daseca » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:20 am

Hi, for background I posted this thread years ago even before the Brexit vote:

eea-route-applications/eea-pr-qualifyin ... 99447.html

Essentially I inherited Hungarian citizenship at birth through my grandfather/father. I applied for 'verification of citizenship' (complete November 2015) and was never granted citizenship or 'naturalised'. However that process was very slow so I originally entered the UK through Tier 5 on my NZ passport in 2013.

I applied for full settled status this week and the HMRC check confirmed I had five years of records. In the application I had to disclose my dual NZ citizenship. To the question 'Have you had your EEA or Swiss nationality since you were born?' I answered yes as I inherited at birth via Hungarian law.

That said, I'm wondering if the fact I have Tier 5/FLRs under my NZ passport is going to confuse the situation?

Essentially I was already Hungarian citizen when I arrived in 2013 I just hadn't got hold of a passport yet so used my NZ passport!

TerryGH
Chile

Re: Settled status: initially held Tier 5/FLR

Post by TerryGH » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:47 am

Hi, similar story here. Came on Tier2 ICT in 2014, received EU passport in 2018 only based on grandfather's citizenship. Applied for settlement scheme in 2019 stating that I was EEA citizen since birth and received settled status this week.

Daseca
Newly Registered

Post by Daseca » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 pm

TerryGH wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:47 am
Came on Tier2 ICT in 2014, received EU passport in 2018 only based on grandfather's citizenship. Applied for settlement scheme in 2019 stating that I was EEA citizen since birth and received settled status this week.
Ah, fantastic! That's great to hear.

I'm relatively relaxed as worst case it would be five years this November since they confirmed my HU citizenship, but it would be nice to lock it in now!

I was pleased see the HMRC check worked at least.

When did you apply in 2019?

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Daseca wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 pm
When did you apply in 2019?
First week of December.
It takes 6 weeks now to process an application if the case is straightforward. Latest statistic is on gov.uk, not sure if I can add links here.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... ember-2019

Daseca
Newly Registered

Post by Daseca » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Just wanted to post an update that my full settled status application was successful for anyone searching a similar situation in future. The HO didn't come back seeking any more documents.

Timeline was quick too - two working days.

16/01 - Certificate of Application
21/01 - Successful Indefinite Leave letter