ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 months' income proximity to application date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dglynn05
Newly Registered

12 months' income proximity to application date

Post by dglynn05 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:42 pm

Hello all,

In the experience of those who have successfully applied to HSMP, how close must the 12 months' of income be to the HSMP application date?

For example, I can get all the documentation I need for the 2004 tax year (same as 2004 calendar year) but will have difficulty showing income evidence for first two months in 2005 if I were to file my application at the end of February.

I know that there are special circumstances for those who have been in school over the last 12 months (the guidance notes say that HSMP would consider the 12 months' income prior to being a student) but that doesn't apply to me.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:18 pm

Why dont you try putting in your payslips for the 2 months and highlighting the equivalent amount on your bank statement, and in your cover letter, explain what you have done.

when I applied (and I got the approval) for my hsmp visa I only included employment letters, payslips and bank statements to prove my salary, as I could not get a tax clearance certificate

mbg

Post by mbg » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:26 pm

I also did not send tax returns. What I sent was:
1. Letter from employer detailing salary month by month for 12 months period, showing the total salary and the salary after the taxes.
2. Bank reference showing the total sum after the taxes the employer has paid me for the same 12 months.

the 12 months were about 6 weeks away from the date of application.
i am waiting for their decision to come these days as I have sent job offer. Will let you know what their decision is.