ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU EXIT ID app problem

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Garth1989

EU EXIT ID app problem

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi All,

I am going through the process of submitting my settled status application but I am having missed with the ID check app. I help my EU father complete his application successfully today using my phone that picked the chip up in his passport without any issues but when I did my application using BRC it couldn't find the chip in my card.

Has anyone experience issued with this. I have tried many times now and still no luck. I really don't want to send them my card which I will have to do if I can't get the app to work!

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EU EXIT ID app problem

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:28 pm

If you have got biometric card so there is a little chip in the back...same like your bank card ! If you put your mobile on it and make sure your phone doesn't have any case on it
It should be fine..

Garth1989

Re: EU EXIT ID app problem

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:00 pm

That’s exactly what I did, took the cover off, placed the phone on the card and moved it slowly. Tried on both sides of the card. I’m going to try a different phone later tonight and see how that goes.
I spoke to the Home office and they said they return the card in 10 working days if I need to post it.