ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse & Child Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Spouse & Child Application

Post by Mohanfromblr » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi
This is my First post on the Forum & in the first place I would like to thank everyone on this board for their incredible service/help to their fellow applicants.
I know the rules of the Forum. I have searched the forum entirely &
I actually could not find a suitable place to post this Query.
I have wife & a child for whom I am not applying (Tier-1) now. My appointment is on 21-Aug-2008. I have got all the required points.
My query is what should I mention in the covering Letter? Should I cite personal reasons why I am not applying.
Should I mention that I will be applying for them once mine got completed?
How does it effect my chances of getting visa stamped?
Any clues?

Thanks in Advance
Mohan

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:37 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

majic

Post by majic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:45 am

vinny,

Your update was very useful for me. I have a few questions:

a) I have recently arrived in the UK under HSMP not Tier 1 would my Dependents use VAF2 or VAF10 ?

b) The Fund requirement states that the funds be in your account for 3 months. I have only been in the UK for just over a month and my account is not three months old. I have the required amount of funds. CAN MY DEPENDENTS Apply now or wait for the 3 months to be over ?

Regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:17 pm

a) I have recently arrived in the UK under HSMP not Tier 1 would my Dependents use VAF2 or VAF10 ?
Use VAF10
b) The Fund requirement states that the funds be in your account for 3 months. I have only been in the UK for just over a month and my account is not three months old. I have the required amount of funds. CAN MY DEPENDENTS Apply now or wait for the 3 months to be over ?
Wait for the time when you complete your 3 month funds requirement.