ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discrepency in pay slip and bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dexter89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Discrepency in pay slip and bank statements

Post by Dexter89 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:33 am

Hello everyone, I hope you are all in good health.

This is a bit of a long one but I would appreciate any advice on what to do with my current situation.

I am in the process of getting all the required documents for the spouse Visa.

My biggest issue right now is the discrepency in the information provided on my pay slips and what it shows on my bank statements in incoming payments from my company. I'll give a back story on the situation below;

I visited Pakistan in October and got married. While I was off from work I had some holidays booked but upon return they still hand not been paid to me. They were then paid a few weeks later but paid via bank transfer to my account and not added on to my pay slip. As soon as I noticed this I contacted the accountant and was chasing this up for 2 months to get this and all the pay slips after this corrected to show the initial holiday payment being paid to me.

After many emails and calls they finally decided to look into correcting it but upon review they noticed all my pay slips were incorrect where some weeks I was underpaid and other weeks i was overpaid so they changed all the payslips to how they should have been originally.

Now I have 6 months of payslips than do not match and 6 months of incoming payments but the total amount on both documents add up to the same amount but differ a fair bit up to the amount of £100 in some cases. The total is well above the threshold it's currently at £16,500 in 6 months.

Now my main concern is that this will cause major red flags. My question is if the accountant wrote a letter explaining the whole situation that I could add to the pay slip and bank statements; would the UKVI accept this letter or would it be rejected on the basis of the discrepancy?

I feel helpless as the accountant has just screwed up many months of work for me and I now dont know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated and I understand it's a very bizarre situation to be in.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Discrepency in pay slip and bank statements

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:33 am

You should have the wage slips amended to match your bank statements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Discrepency in pay slip and bank statements

Post by Korekt » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:26 pm

If applicable, might also be worth checking the figures that have been sent to HMRC.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."