ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1B visa not stamped yet

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidSamuels

H1B visa not stamped yet

Post by SidSamuels » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi there,

I had received approval for H1B visa in Sept-October 2006 but I couldn't get it stamped till date since I was working in Europe at that time.
Is it possible to get the visa stamped now? Before I contact the employer about the vacancy, I was wondering if anyone on this forum can brief me about pros and cons of going for stamping now.

Appreciate your help.

jagacharaja

Re: H1B visa not stamped yet

Post by jagacharaja » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 pm

H1B approval (form I-797) is proof that the employer's application on your behalf for a prospective employment has been approved by the US govt. It's what you arm yourself with when you go apply for H1B visa at a US consulate abroad. You're saying that you don't even know if the position offered to you in 2006 is even vacant. To put it mildly, I'm afraid you're gonna have to get in touch w/the employer to see if the position is still vacant :shock: , that the employer still wants you and secondly, if you can use a two yr old I-797.
SidSamuels wrote:Hi there,

I had received approval for H1B visa in Sept-October 2006 but I couldn't get it stamped till date since I was working in Europe at that time.
Is it possible to get the visa stamped now? Before I contact the employer about the vacancy, I was wondering if anyone on this forum can brief me about pros and cons of going for stamping now.

Appreciate your help.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Thank you for the detail reply.

Sorry couldn't reply earlier due to login issues on this forum.
To put it mildly, I'm afraid you're gonna have to get in touch w/the employer to see if the position is still vacant Shocked , that the employer still wants you and secondly, if you can use a two yr old I-797.
I need info regarding the last part "secondly, if you can use a two yr old ". I can get in touch with the employer. Any more details?