ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1- Filling Personal Details - Query -

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Archie55
Newly Registered

Tier 1- Filling Personal Details - Query -

Post by Archie55 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Have a query while filling in the personal details form - VAF 9
At the moment i wish to file application only for myself as i am not able to
maintain fund for wife and 2 kids. Should i mark Yes or No for question
1) Is your partner accompanying you or joining later.
2) Do you have any children under 18 accompanying you or joining at a later date. if its yes then i wud have to provide children details.

In principal i wanted to mark Yes but then if i commit that they would join me in 12 months, then they might look at the maintenance fund factor.
Am I right... Pls advice. Thanks.

Archie55
Newly Registered

Post by Archie55 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:29 pm

Some insight would help....

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:06 pm

Archie55 wrote:Have a query while filling in the personal details form - VAF 9
At the moment i wish to file application only for myself as i am not able to
maintain fund for wife and 2 kids. Should i mark Yes or No for question
1) Is your partner accompanying you or joining later.
2) Do you have any children under 18 accompanying you or joining at a later date. if its yes then i wud have to provide children details.
Currently BHC doesn't require maintenance funds for dependents if they are not applying together(even if they intend to join within 12 months of main applicant going to uk).
Hence if your dependents are not applying together, then the answer to that question does not really matter.

But to be sure that you do not need maintenance funds for dependents(who intend to join you in uk within 12 months), email to Chennai BHC and get a confirmation email form them. They will promptly reply to your email within 1 day. (This is just a safe guarding measure.)

(Please note that above is valid for applicants in India only)

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Write no. Both of you are applying under different visa categories, above all, neither of you are applying as dependent to either.

I do not know about dependent requirements under student's visa category. If your wife can apply along with her visa then write no for kids too.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 pm

I think there is some mixup. :wink: . May be this is a reply for http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=29719
rajesh9pl wrote:Write no. Both of you are applying under different visa categories, above all, neither of you are applying as dependent to either.

I do not know about dependent requirements under student's visa category. If your wife can apply along with her visa then write no for kids too.

kiladik

Personel details

Post by kiladik » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi,

If we select 'No' for the above question then do we still need to fill the spouse details(name and date of birth) and submit the marriage certificate.

Regards
KK