ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance/proposed civil partnership visa - start date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mayhew19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial requirements six months calculator

Post by Mayhew19 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:49 am

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and wondered if I could retrieve advice on one question.

If I've worked for my employer for 7 months now in an un-salaried occupation with varying payslip amounts. Can I work out 26 weeks from a date I chose or does it have to be from the start of employment. For example if I've worked there for 30 weeks, can I calculate from week 2-28 as long as it covers 26 weeks?

Thanks!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial requirements six months calculator

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Mayhew19 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:49 am
. Can I work out 26 weeks from a date I chose or does it have to be from the start of employment. For example if I've worked there for 30 weeks, can I calculate from week 2-28 as long as it covers 26 weeks?

Thanks!!
You can't choose because under category A only the income from the last 6 months/26 weeks from the date of application is counted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mayhew19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent help with fortnightly pay for financial requirements

Post by Mayhew19 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi there, I really appreciate this forum and the help people give. I am in urgent assistance of fortnightly pay for the financial requirements.

Can I include 14 fortnightly payslips instead of 13 to meet the financial requirements. In theory this means 28 weeks and not 26, however due to the actual start date of my employment the physical dates would cover exactly six months (may 2nd - Nov 1)

I'm in un-salaried employment and I'm applying under category A. I have savings of £36,000 so need £10,600 annually. If I only include 13 payslips I'll be about £80 short of the £5300 I need to make in six months. However with 14 payslips I'll have £5330.

But the 14 payslips along with my timesheets from work do cover six months exactly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent help with fortnightly pay for financial requirements

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Mayhew19 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm
Hi there, I really appreciate this forum and the help people give. I am in urgent assistance of fortnightly pay for the financial requirements.

Can I include 14 fortnightly payslips instead of 13 to meet the financial requirements. In theory this means 28 weeks and not 26, however due to the actual start date of my employment the physical dates would cover exactly six months (may 2nd - Nov 1)

I'm in un-salaried employment and I'm applying under category A. I have savings of £36,000 so need £10,600 annually. If I only include 13 payslips I'll be about £80 short of the £5300 I need to make in six months. However with 14 payslips I'll have £5330.

But the 14 payslips along with my timesheets from work do cover six months exactly.
The last 6 months/26 weeks earnings will count from the time you actually starts working instead from when you start getting the shifts. Many people sign a contract little earlier than physically start working.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Why don't you wait for your next pay slip then apply in mid Nov? rather than trying to rush things since you are applying under CAT A Non salaried and you can also do some overtime which is calculated using the same approach. Do not rush to submit your application because meeting the financial requirement is of significant importance. If you are paid every 2 weeks then you need 13 weeks pay slips to cover the period of 6 months.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:19 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:24 pm
Why don't you wait for your next pay slip then apply in mid Nov? rather than trying to rush things since you are applying under CAT A Non salaried and you can also do some overtime which is calculated using the same approach. Do not rush to submit your application because meeting the financial requirement is of significant importance. If you are paid every 2 weeks then you need 13 weeks pay slips to cover the period of 6 months.
He will need 13 pay slips covering a period of 26 weeks or 6 months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Mayhew19 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm
I have savings of £36,000 so need £10,600 annually.
that balance of cash savings must never been fallen during the last 6 months.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:39 am

Mayhew19 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:01 am
Hi everyone, thanks for the help in advance.

On my partner visa application I've entered one wrong letter as part of my NI number. On my application form, appendix II, and my payslips they also contain the same letter. However ive just realised ive used the wrong NI number for the past year with my current job.

Would immigration investigate this/ understand its a simple error?
And would you recommend emailing to confirm the correct NI number or leas as is?

Cheers,
Liam
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mayhew19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mayhew19 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:54 am

Hi everyone, thanks for the help in advance.

On my partner visa application I've entered one wrong letter as part of my NI number. On my application form, appendix II, and my payslips they also contain the same letter. However ive just realised ive used the wrong NI number for the past year with my current job.

Would immigration investigate this/ understand its a simple error?
And would you recommend emailing to confirm the correct NI number or leas as is?

Cheers,
Liam

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:06 pm

This is not a simple error as you may have been paying the wrong tax if you have given an incorrect NI to your employer. Just be hopeful that they didn't notice it.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Mayhew19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mayhew19 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:22 pm

Thank you. I actually haven't paid tax for the duration as I earn below the minimum income. So hopefully they shouldn't look into it further.
Was worried incase they match NI numbers up on the system and it would show as incorrect. Fingers crossed.

Mayhew19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Fiance/proposed civil partnership visa - start date

Post by Mayhew19 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering when my partner picks up his passport does his start date on the visa begin? Is it straight away from the date it was stamped, or is it 30 days after collecting the Passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance/proposed civil partnership visa - start date

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:57 pm

It is from date of approval unless you specifically stated an intended travel date.

It will be a 6 months validity visa if you applied for a fiance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.