ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees completed the forms before I sent my application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Horaceous
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Referees completed the forms before I sent my application

Post by Horaceous » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi all,

I haven't seen anywhere any guidance regarding this but my referees signed and completed the forms on the 9th of November and I've sent my naturalisation application on the 31st of December. My appointment for biometrics and document check is on 4th of February.

The only thing I saw regarding this is that my photo should be recent on the form. In my PR application I had to take a new photo as the one I had wasn't within the past 3 months, I'm assuming the 3 month rule applies here too? In which case this would be just within 3 months (Nov, Dec, Jan).

I also don't see any guidance regarding the forms themselves being completed before the application is sent or if there is a time restriction on that.

Does anyone have any information on this please?

Just in case I might have to redo them with the referees.

Thanks,

H

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referees completed the forms before I sent my application

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:48 pm

There is no specific guidance relating to the referee forms, and it's not an issue as such. Photo should be ok as long as you haven't changed appearance drastically. And of course a photo will be taken at your application biometrics appointment anyway.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Horaceous
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Re: Referees completed the forms before I sent my application

Post by Horaceous » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:21 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:48 pm
There is no specific guidance relating to the referee forms, and it's not an issue as such. Photo should be ok as long as you haven't changed appearance drastically. And of course a photo will be taken at your application biometrics appointment anyway.
Thanks!

Yeah couldn't find any info as this being an issue or any instructions on these particular points.

H