ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY APPLICATION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ABEY95
Newly Registered
Nigeria

EEA FAMILY APPLICATION

Post by ABEY95 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:03 am

Hello All,

please I need your help all, We are planning to move to the UK, I am Nigeria married to a Polish woman 3years ago with one kid, both living in Poland, please I need a cover letter format? do I need to supply a financial statement? do still need to submit a message conversation? please help me as you have been helping others

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY APPLICATION

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:19 am

Hello

If your wife lives in Poland with your kid, you can't come to the UK. As she is Polish, she probably can't use EEA routes in Poland as she won't be seen as an EEA citizen but as a Polish citizen. But there must be routes under Polish immigration system for her to bring you to Poland.

If your target is the UK, you wife needs to move first to the UK and start exercising Treaty Rights while she can (2020). Then only, as an EEA citizen in the UK, she can sponsor you.

But she can't sponsor you in the UK if herself lives in Poland.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: EEA FAMILY APPLICATION

Post by Richard W » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:49 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:19 am
If your target is the UK, you wife needs to move first to the UK and start exercising Treaty Rights while she can (2020). Then only, as an EEA citizen in the UK, she can sponsor you.
The OP might be in Poland - what he says is confusing.

In law, the OP and his wife can travel to the UK together, but he will need a family permit unless he enters the UK on or under the surface, and he may need a visa to travel within the EU.