ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cant fulfill the financial requirement.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azfa12
Newly Registered

cant fulfill the financial requirement.

Post by azfa12 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:26 am

hi
i am asking this question on the behalf of my cousin, she is married to a British national who is residing in UK and they are married since 2003.The British national is 70 years old with no saving , living on benefits and have medical conditions which makes him dependent to carers.
The lady is living in Pakistan and have never been to UK they have a 15 years old daughter which is a British citizen and lives with his father in UK for last 2 years.
Now the mother wants to join her ailing husband and daughter but cant fulfill the financial requirements indeed she is having difficulty paying the fees.if some body could let us help whats the best way to move forward with her application, the mother needs to be with her dauhghter and husband.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: cant fulfill the financial requirement.

Post by iwolga » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:01 am

Were they ever living together?

geoeng
Canada

Re: cant fulfill the financial requirement.

Post by geoeng » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:05 am

If the British citizen receives Carer's Allowance or one of the other specified benefits, they may be able to use the Adequate Maintenance requirement rather than the £18,600/year financial requirement. Additional details are in the guidance document linked below. See also the guidance on applying for a fee waiver, which has strict eligibility criteria but worth seeing if they are met (assuming the criteria for applying using the adequate maintenance route are also met).

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... __003_.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.