ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (General) applying from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Balan
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (General) applying from India

Post by Balan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:56 am

Hello,

I am planning to apply for UK Tier 1 from India (Chennai VFS), do I have any valuable suggestions from you?

Regards,
Balan

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:04 am

What kind of valuable suggestions do you need? This whole forum is filled with valuable suggestions, you can pick any suggestion which you like.

Balan
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (General) visas

Post by Balan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:54 am

Looking guidelines on the following:

1. Can I apply for my kids (2) and my spouse along with me? is it advisable

2. If i donot apply for my family with me, do I need to wait for another 12 months to apply for them?

3. If I apply for them with me and take them after I get settled in UK?

Thnks

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: UK Tier 1 (General) visas

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Balan wrote:1. Can I apply for my kids (2) and my spouse along with me? is it advisable
If you are confident that your application will get approved in the first time itself (and you have maintained maintenance funds required for their application, i.e. approximately 6.5 lacs INR, for 3 months) then there is no harm in applying with dependents. Otherwise you don't want to risk 51k * 3 = 1.53 lac INR when you apply for the first time.
Balan wrote: 2. If i donot apply for my family with me, do I need to wait for another 12 months to apply for them?
No there is no such restriction. You can apply for them after your visa gets approved.
Balan wrote: 3. If I apply for them with me and take them after I get settled in UK?
Yes you can apply together and they can join you later when you get settled in uk.

Balan
Newly Registered

Post by Balan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Thank you for your suggestions!

Balan
Newly Registered

Post by Balan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:01 pm

I had served in UK for 5 months (June to Oct 07) and when I apply in September, these 5 months falls in to the 15 months of the income.

a. So, if it is 12 months of income to be shown, can i declare 2 months of the UK income ( Sep, Oct 07) + 10 months of Indian Income (Nov07 to Aug 2008)?
b. Will i get the UK experience score of 5 points?
c. For the UK income, I hold the original payslips - do I need to submit stamped and signed copies of the bank statement? - since I am in India and need to find a way to get it from the bank.

What is the best mode (credit card/cash/dd) of payment to VFS India? - any suggestions, pls.

Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:12 pm

Balan wrote:I had served in UK for 5 months (June to Oct 07) and when I apply in September, these 5 months falls in to the 15 months of the income.

a. So, if it is 12 months of income to be shown, can i declare 2 months of the UK income ( Sep, Oct 07) + 10 months of Indian Income (Nov07 to Aug 2008)?
b. Will i get the UK experience score of 5 points?
c. For the UK income, I hold the original payslips - do I need to submit stamped and signed copies of the bank statement? - since I am in India and need to find a way to get it from the bank.

What is the best mode (credit card/cash/dd) of payment to VFS India? - any suggestions, pls.

Thanks in advance
a) Yes you can.
b) No, unless you earned 16000 pounds in those 2 months.
c) Two sets of independent documentary evidences are required for each source of income. So yes, you'll need UK bank statements along with your UK payslips.
d) Where to pay - VFS website
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Balan
Newly Registered

Post by Balan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi,

Does it take the same number of days for the dependant visa to get approved as the principle applicant?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Balan

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:58 pm

Balan wrote:Hi,

Does it take the same number of days for the dependant visa to get approved as the principle applicant?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Balan
Lead time to take decision is based on the work load in particular BHC.

If dependent visa is also applied with primary then both decisions will be made same day.

If dependent visa is applied separately, later after approval of primary, then chances are dependent will be approved quickly because BHC has lesser documents to authenticate.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Separate Tier 1 dependent Visas usually take 5-7 days on average.
(7-10 days in worst case and higher than 10 days in exceptional circumstances)

Balan
Newly Registered

Post by Balan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:49 pm

Hello,

I have planned to apply for my dependants after my visa approval, in such a case:
How do I fill this question in VAF 9 form:

Part 5a Your Family

5.1. Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? if they are travelling later please provid their dates of travel in part 7 (if single go to 5.5)

Option are: Yes, NO, Not Applicable.

I would want them to travel with me, but I am applying for them only after my approval.

Please guide.

Thanks and advance.
Balan

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:13 pm

This questions has been asked and answered on this forum 100 times. Can you please Search.

Maheshms
Newly Registered

Post by Maheshms » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (General) UK Visa from India. I heard that I can consider 12 months (Continous 12 months) from last 15 months to calculate my earning power.

Should we consider the last 15 months INCLUDING the month in which I am applying ? (For example, If I am applying on 1st week of October (2008), Can we consider the last 15 months EXCLUDING October 2008 ? Which is July 2007 to September 2008).

Maheshms
Newly Registered

Post by Maheshms » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:31 pm

Also, Please answer the below queries as well,

2) I heard that the earnings from UK should be 16000 GBP and above to get 5 points for previous UK experience. Should we consider only the recent 15 months here as well ? (Similar to the way we calculate the earning power ?). Or Is it Ok if I earned 16000 GBP at any point of time in UK?

3) Am I eligible in case of 15960 pounds ?

4) Can't we consider the duration of stay in UK ? If so, 10.5 months stay in UK is sufficient ? And, Should we consider only the recent 15 months for this as well?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:54 am

Maheshms wrote:I heard that .....
Don't believe in hearsay and read Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully*! You'll find answers to all your questions once you've read through it.

The operative word is - "carefully"! :wink:

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 application. I am having the following doubt.

1. Earning power.
Oct 2007 to Feb 2008 in UK
Feb 2008 to Mar 2008 in India
April 2008 to Till date I am in UK.

I am having my UK payslip and the statement up-to-date. Can I show the march month Indian salary for as my earning power

2. UK experience

From the group I came to know that if my earning is more than 16,000 pound I can earn 5 point. My earning is more than 16,000 pound during my UK stay, So I am eligible for getting the points for UK experience , I need to show any experience letter from the employer or not.

3. For the maintenance fund for last 90 days we need to show 2,800 pound

4. Need I need to submit my passport, in the initial stage or once the document got approved I need to submit it.

Right now I am in UK and I am coming back to India mid of next month. As soon as I reached there I am planning to apply for Tier 1 application. So I need your help about what are document I need to submit.

Regards
Kandasamy

Balan
Newly Registered

Post by Balan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 am

Hello Everyone,

For maintenance fund, I got a letter from the bank stating my account balance for the 3 months.
But, for the Bank statements, the bank has issued a printed statement for 6 months, and it was signed and sealed by the bank official, - is this acceptable?
Or Do i need to only submit statements on a official letter headed paper?

Your reply would be of great help.

Regards,
Balan

Balan
Newly Registered

PBS Tier 1 - New Application from India - Approved

Post by Balan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Dear Friends,

I received my passport stamped with Tier 1 visa . Thank you everyone for your help and support.

Timelines:
1. Application type: PBS Tier 1 (General) new application from India (No HSMP letter)
2. Location: Chennai, BHC. (VFS Chennai South)
3. Appl Date: 5 Sepetember, 2008
4. Integra: No idea
5. Stamped: 15 October, 2008
6. Passport received in person on 16th October
:lol:

Thanks once again
Now to start the process for my dependants!

Balan