ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yasmeen81
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA Family Permit

Post by yasmeen81 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi everyone

Can somebody please advice on my situation , my husband recently joined me on eea family permit visa which is for 6 months . I’m Spanish National and been living here for 20 years .

My question is can my husband work on eea family permit? As he is been recently let down from companies that he can’t work on this type of visa . Also if someone could guide me what’s the next process to apply for my husband visa is it residence card ?

Your replies are really appreciated

Thanks

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: EEA Family Permit

Post by Richard W » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:56 pm

yasmeen81 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 pm
My question is can my husband work on eea family permit? As he is been recently let down from companies that he can’t work on this type of visa . Also if someone could guide me what’s the next process to apply for my husband visa is it residence card ?
His working would be lawful.

In law, we don't see why his EEA family permit doesn't provide an employer with an excuse in case things were not as you say they are. However, they are not universally accepted, and for convenience he should have applied for a residence card or residence permit as soon as he arrived in the UK.

docado
Scotland

Post by docado » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:54 pm

yasmeen81 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 pm
Hi everyone

Can somebody please advice on my situation , my husband recently joined me on eea family permit visa which is for 6 months . I’m Spanish National and been living here for 20 years .

Your replies are really appreciated

Thanks
Your husband is allowed to work technically and lawfully however employers need to see a physical card with work permitted written on it. I think employers don't care to check on HO webpages to check for anyone's righ of work. It is good idea to apply for extention immediately.
Your husband can apply for EU Settlement Scheme directly, in this way he will be granted a pre-settled status as well as some sort of card. It is my opinion, Please call at EU citizen helpline and they will you guide where and what to apply...

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:28 pm

This happened to me. I have a family permit (no residence card yet), I was scheduled for a job interview, when the HR learned that I do not have a biometrics card (still waiting) , my job interview was cancelled and advised to apply again when the biometrics card arrives.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:48 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:28 pm
This happened to me. I have a family permit (no residence card yet), I was scheduled for a job interview, when the HR learned that I do not have a biometrics card (still waiting) , my job interview was cancelled and advised to apply again when the biometrics card arrives.
I know companies asking EEA nationals with EEA passports to show proof of EU Settlement Scheme application or outcome. You can't force them really. There are the legal requirements but they are free to put the bar higher.

Hiring is an investment and a liability. I for one would feel nervous to hire someone with 6 months leave.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:44 am

Apply for pre settled status straight away. You dont have to wait for 6 months.

It will give you BRC as well.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }