ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel post decision outcome and before oath ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Travel post decision outcome and before oath ceremony

Post by anandb » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi All,

My wife has received a positive outcome on her naturalization application last week but the oath ceremony (and passport application thereafter) is booked for end March. Can she still travel outside UK even though her application has been approved?
I think she can because she only becomes a citizen upon receiving the certificate post oath taking ceremony.

My naturalization application is still pending, so guess can travel with my ILR BRP.

Thank you,
Anand

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel post decision outcome and before oath ceremony

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:20 pm

Your assumption is correct - wife can travel using her passport/BRP - she will only be British once attended the ceremony. The approval letter is not proof of British citizenship.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.