ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a new spouse visa again!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markandebony
Newly Registered

Applying for a new spouse visa again!

Post by markandebony » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:52 am

Hi. Here is my question and story.

My wife successfully applied for a spouse visa and we lived in the UK until August of 2019. Due to some family issues and health matters we returned as a family to HK. However we plan to go back permanently in July. My wifes current visa expires on April 21st but as she has already been away from the UK for 9 months we have been advised to apply for a brand new visa from HK.

I know her TB cert needs to be redone, but wonder if the A1 test cert, although more than two years, can still be valid?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for a new spouse visa again!

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:41 am

She should return to the UK before her leave expires then apply to extend when in the UK. She will require A2 English for an extension.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:26 am

Hi

I'm in a similar situation where my wife applied for a UK visa in June 2016 and we both lived in the UK till May 2019. But before we could extend her visa, family circumstances forced us to return to India and we've now been here for almost 10 months.

We're now looking to move back to the UK in May of this year and would need to apply for her fresh visa. I was wondering if anyone sees an issue with the scenario of applying for a fresh Spouse visa for the 2nd time?

Regards,
A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:10 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:26 am
Hi

I'm in a similar situation where my wife applied for a UK visa in June 2016 and we both lived in the UK till May 2019. But before we could extend her visa, family circumstances forced us to return to India and we've now been here for almost 10 months.

We're now looking to move back to the UK in May of this year and would need to apply for her fresh visa. I was wondering if anyone sees an issue with the scenario of applying for a fresh Spouse visa for the 2nd time?

Regards,
A
1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topic. It is considered rude and unfair to the poster and creates confusion when members respond to the inevitable further questions asked.

2. Please start your own topic with your questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:24 pm

I understand and apologize. Feel free to delete my post (if at all possible) and I'll create a new thread.