ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Cirizenship and EU family member settlement advise please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Cirizenship and EU family member settlement advise please

Post by Sous49 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:58 am

Hello amazing members

May you kindly advise , I have the settled status ILR refugee route, and waiting for my Naturalisation application outcome ( applied since 5 months and 10 days). I am also married to an EU citizen who had just approved for his EU settled status , should I also apply as an EU family member ? Will that affect the BC application

Thank you guys in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Cirizenship and EU family member settlement advise please

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:53 pm

You already have ilr. Why do you want to apply for settled status which is exactly the same thing as ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:53 pm
You already have ilr. Why do you want to apply for settled status which is exactly the same thing as ilr.
There are a number of differences in the forms of ILR:

1) ILR by the refugee route may be revoked if one ceases to be regarded as a refugee.
2) ILR by the EU route is not lost by an *absence* of less than 5 years. Normal ILR is lost by a 2 year gap in *residing* in the UK.

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Richard W wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:53 pm
There are a number of differences in the forms of ILR:

1) ILR by the refugee route may be revoked if one ceases to be regarded as a refugee.
2) ILR by the EU route is not lost by an *absence* of less than 5 years. Normal ILR is lost by a 2 year gap in *residing* in the UK.
Thank you Char and Richard
I agree with Richard though, can i do that while i am waiting for the Naturalisation application outcome ?
also how can i travel if i cant have my home of origin passport?

thank you