ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

coronavirus issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ivankali
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

coronavirus issue

Post by ivankali » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi, my wife is in China and i was about to make an application. With the current situation would there be an issue if she applies? She is not from the most impacted area.

richard22911
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: coronavirus issue

Post by richard22911 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 pm

Wuhan and Chongqing cosulate-general are both closed now. Therefore, you have to go to other place apply it like Beijing. If you decide to travel right now and you are in a situation that most likely infected. Your best interest is stay at home. From my perspective, it is very hard to do it right now. Meanwhile, airplane ticket is your next concern if you are successfully granted a visa. It is likely too late I am afraid.

richard22911
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by richard22911 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:42 pm

If you are a British, your best way is to contact your local MP and get very useful help from them. All the best.

ivankali
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ivankali » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Thanks for your advice Richard. I will stay put for now.