ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just got my spouse visa :)). How much time do I have to travel.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Minazee
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Just got my spouse visa :)). How much time do I have to travel.

Post by Minazee » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi guys, I got my visa today alhumdullilah. So grateful. However i dont understand how much time do I have for travelling. The document is dated 22nd Jan.
It says that when i arrive in UK i will have permission to be in UK(knows as leave to enter) as PARTNER (STANDARD) from 21 Feb 2020 to 21 Nov 2022.

What this means for you
Your passport/travel document contains a vignette (visa sticker), which you will use to travel to the
the UK. The vignette is valid for 30 days. If you do not arrive in Uk within these 30 day period you will
need to apply for a vignette transfer the fee for which can be found at (site)

Your BRP will be available for collection from 28 Feb 2020.

The vignette says valid from 21st feb 2020 to 21st nov 2022.

Now i am confused whether these 30 days start from the date on the document(22nd Jan) or from 21st Feb.

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Just got my spouse visa :)). How much time do I have to travel.

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Minazee wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:58 pm
from 21st Feb.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Just got my spouse visa :)). How much time do I have to travel.

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:50 pm

Minazee wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:58 pm
Hi guys, I got my visa today alhumdullilah. So grateful. However i dont understand how much time do I have for travelling. The document is dated 22nd Jan.
It says that when i arrive in UK i will have permission to be in UK(knows as leave to enter) as PARTNER (STANDARD) from 21 Feb 2020 to 21 Nov 2022.

What this means for you
Your passport/travel document contains a vignette (visa sticker), which you will use to travel to the
the UK. The vignette is valid for 30 days. If you do not arrive in Uk within these 30 day period you will
need to apply for a vignette transfer the fee for which can be found at (site)

Your BRP will be available for collection from 28 Feb 2020.

The vignette says valid from 21st feb 2020 to 21st nov 2022.

Now i am confused whether these 30 days start from the date on the document(22nd Jan) or from 21st Feb.

Thanks in advance.
While the vignette usually carry 30days validity, yours appears to have the full 33months stated on it.
To comply with entry clearance you should travel within 21st Feb (which is when your vignette validity starts) and 22nd March.