ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year/10 Year Visitor Visa with passport expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brian76
Newly Registered

5 year/10 Year Visitor Visa with passport expiry

Post by brian76 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi,
My Mom (widower living in India) has been visiting me in the UK for the past 10 years on Visitor's visa. Her current visitor Visa is a 5 year visitor visa which expires in June 2020.
I and my Family are British citizens (from Indian Origin)

I have 2 queries regarding renewal of her Visa.

1. My Mom's visa expires in June 2020 but I plan to renew it in March 2020 as my my Younger daughter will be having a major surgery in April 2020. She is keen to come down during the surgery to support us as my daughter will require 16 weeks of bed rest. My assume renewal of a visa is not an issue even though the validity of the current visa is till June. I will put a note in the document when she goes to the VFS centre for the reason of early renewal.

2. I would like to apply for her again either a 5 year or a 10 year multiple entry visitor Visa, but my mom's passport expires in 2024. would Home office issue a 5 year or 10 year visa if the passport expires before that. I assume it should not be an issue but would like to confirm due to the cost of the application for 5/10 years.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: 5 year/10 Year Visitor Visa with passport expiry

Post by iwolga » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:50 am

brian76 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:02 pm
Hi,
My Mom (widower living in India) has been visiting me in the UK for the past 10 years on Visitor's visa. Her current visitor Visa is a 5 year visitor visa which expires in June 2020.
I and my Family are British citizens (from Indian Origin)

I have 2 queries regarding renewal of her Visa.

1. My Mom's visa expires in June 2020 but I plan to renew it in March 2020 as my my Younger daughter will be having a major surgery in April 2020. She is keen to come down during the surgery to support us as my daughter will require 16 weeks of bed rest. My assume renewal of a visa is not an issue even though the validity of the current visa is till June. I will put a note in the document when she goes to the VFS centre for the reason of early renewal.

2. I would like to apply for her again either a 5 year or a 10 year multiple entry visitor Visa, but my mom's passport expires in 2024. would Home office issue a 5 year or 10 year visa if the passport expires before that. I assume it should not be an issue but would like to confirm due to the cost of the application for 5/10 years.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
1. From purely my experience: applied in September with active visa till 05/11. I asked for business visits visa from 6/11 to avoid overlaps. Same was in my invitation from company in UK. As a result I got 5 year visit visa (as requested) valid from 01/11 AND my first visa cancelled. It was very unfortunate as I needed to travel in October.

I truly don’t know how to avoid it for future

2. My passport expires in 2023 but I’ve got visa till mid 2024. I wasn’t checking what are my rights though as I got UK residence card, so I assume my visits visa will be/is cancelled

brian76
Newly Registered

Re: 5 year/10 Year Visitor Visa with passport expiry

Post by brian76 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:47 am

thanks that is very useful information.