ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

halfpint91
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Questions about passport application

Post by halfpint91 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:32 am

Hiya, I just had my ceremony and now I'm going to apply for a passport. Before I do that I had a couple of questions. Would I need to send my Bulgarian passport as part of the UK passport application? My Bulgarian passport is currently expired, do I need to renew that before I can apply? Do they just scan it as for the citizenship application or you have to send it away for 6 weeks?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Questions about passport application

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:44 am

You need to submit the originals, your current (expired) passport plus the naturalisation certificate. No need to have a current valid passport. Presumably the passport has not been officially cancelled (cut corners or hole punched or stamped "invalid"). Processing is unlikely to take six weeks - two to three weeks is fairly common at the moment. HMPO requires the originals.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.