ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

shame marriage of convinience

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

shame marriage of convinience

Post by knapps » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:56 am

i want opnion of you guys those who do not fall into shame marriages in ireland....i disgust those who use girls and pay them for their own so called rights to remain in Ireland...I spoke recently a guy in my neighbour whos wife hasn't been seen for a while i asked him he said to my face he got what he wanted....what a fuckin shit head person....i stopped talking to him well he has been granted 5 years residency then i asked him what if when u apply for the passport he said he discussed it with lawyer and that is no problem....i am sure there are so many out there who have done the same infect i know couple of them.....what a bunch of retrards?? send me ur opinion genuine people out there who have genuine EU spouses

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:24 pm

I fully agree with you .... and because of these fuc***g retards everyone else (people with genuine cases) are suffering :evil:
If I were you .... I'd report this guy to DoJ

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 pm

there are many out there but what can doj do now as they can't do anything can they....and besides if they go ahead and investigate such cases lol our own applications will take alot longer to be looked at lollllllllll

darragh
Newly Registered

Re: shame marriage of convinience

Post by darragh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 pm

i am sure there are so many out there who have done the same infect i know couple of them.....what a bunch of retrards[/quote]

you are right.... cuz of these retards,people like us suffers....

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:23 pm

The sad truth is that there is no way to stop it. You can tighten up the immigration marriage laws. The US has some of the toughest immigration laws for permanent green card and naturalisation through marriage. They really check and recheck to make sure that the marriage is legit; however, there are and will always be people who slip through, though I'm sure the number has significantly decreased. I'm sure other countries have tightened up their laws as well. Again, it will never be perfect. However, the Irish could tighten their laws a bit in regards to immigration through marriage. There really isn't much of a difference between ways to become a naturalised citizen are a permanent resident, just the paperwork needed to prove you residency status.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:54 pm

From what I've been told with my upcoming marriage to an Irishman (well, next year) all I need to do is show my marriage certificate and both passports and I'd get a stamp 4 or something (we now live out of Dublin so just need to register with the one person). Sounds to me like you could just walk in with someone off the street.... Now that's just my opinion. Please if someone has had a different experience then correct me.

I've had family members having to deal with my home country trying to get their spouses in - that isn't pretty at all now due to all the 'cash for marriage' scams that had been going on there.
Last edited by esharknz on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Post by Maliklahore » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm

knapps wrote:i want opnion of you guys those who do not fall into shame marriages in ireland....i disgust those who use girls and pay them for their own so called rights to remain in Ireland...I spoke recently a guy in my neighbour whos wife hasn't been seen for a while i asked him he said to my face he got what he wanted....what a fuckin shit head person....i stopped talking to him well he has been granted 5 years residency then i asked him what if when u apply for the passport he said he discussed it with lawyer and that is no problem....i am sure there are so many out there who have done the same infect i know couple of them.....what a bunch of retrards?? send me ur opinion genuine people out there who have genuine EU spouses
Good I am totally agreed with you this is a shit happening in Ireland. I would advise in this case don’t issue 5 years visa Just issue 5 months or 6 months visa every time and check if the couple come with their documents to GNIB. I don’t understand why GNIB is issueing 5 year stamp this is totally unfair with working person here who they are paying TAX and every year they have to renew their work permit. I am sure this will help to track these M/F***R who they have Illegal marriages .

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Maliklahore wrote:Good I am totally agreed with you this is a shit happening in Ireland. I would advise in this case don’t issue 5 years visa Just issue 5 months or 6 months visa every time and check if the couple come with their documents to GNIB. I don’t understand why GNIB is issueing 5 year stamp this is totally unfair with working person here who they are paying TAX and every year they have to renew their work permit. I am sure this will help to track these M/F***R who they have Illegal marriages .
Very true, both students (who are already paying international tuition and fees) and employment permit holders have to register every year. The Irish really need to learn from other countries. The immigration officers want to give people a hassle who are legitimately trying to come here legally when they have such weak laws for immigration through marriage that are constantly be walked all over. I so agree that there should be at least a temporary 2 year stamp. That 5 year stamp automatically guarantees that the person will qualify for LTR. It's ridiculous. The Irish immigration system is so backwards. If they want to really control immigration, this is where they should revise their laws first.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:02 pm

i think there is no harm issuing a 5 years residency but they should atleast check every thing or send sb to these retard houses to make sure that the couple is living together....i can surely give our atleast three or four addressess where just after a month they got 5 years stamp they separated and business done!!! i despise them and they proudly go on say they got what they wanted....shit hole!!!! If i was in DOJ I would send sb to these low life people