ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Travelling out of uk before citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayacharm
Newly Registered

Urgent: Travelling out of uk before citizenship ceremony

Post by jayacharm » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:45 pm

Dear Gurus, I am in need of knowing if I can travel out of uk before my citizenship ceremony - I booked the ceremony in end Feb. But due to an emergency I have to travel out. I understand if I attend the ceremony then I will have to wait for 6 weeks to get the passport to travel, please correct me if I am wrong. Therefore I thought travelling before the ceremony could be a possibility? Is there anyway to get the passport expedited? Please could you advise what is the best way to do? I am thankful to you for your prompt response.

As always your time is much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent: Travelling out of uk before citizenship ceremony

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:48 pm

Free to travel.

Passports are currently taking 2 to 3 weeks.

There is no expedited service for your first adult passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jayacharm
Newly Registered

Post by jayacharm » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

anandb
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandb » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:21 am

jayacharm wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:45 pm
Dear Gurus, I am in need of knowing if I can travel out of uk before my citizenship ceremony - I booked the ceremony in end Feb. But due to an emergency I have to travel out. I understand if I attend the ceremony then I will have to wait for 6 weeks to get the passport to travel, please correct me if I am wrong. Therefore I thought travelling before the ceremony could be a possibility? Is there anyway to get the passport expedited? Please could you advise what is the best way to do? I am thankful to you for your prompt response.

As always your time is much appreciated.
Hi Jayacharm, if you are back in the UK, I wanted to check if you were asked any questions at Border Control about your travelling with another passport while granted UK citizenship?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:08 pm

anandb wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:21 am
Hi Jayacharm, if you are back in the UK, I wanted to check if you were asked any questions at Border Control about your travelling with another passport while granted UK citizenship?
The user only posted 4 days ago. The user is also NOT a British citizen yet as they have NOT attended their ceremony yet!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.